Ch-84, Of Lipstick Marks, Romance And A Weird Idea!

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean Maa?" Rudhi pouted yet again.

"I mean to say, right now you're applying makeup just because you think you'll look like your Maa. But that's not needed my child. You don't need to copy anyone. Do you understand?" Bondita touched her cheek gently.
"And I should not see you applying makeup again okay?" She said a bit sternly.

"Okay Maa!' Rudhi smiled and Anirudh just kissed her cheek lovingly.

.....

In Batuk and Mallika's room, things were quite different yet again. They weren't sad, neither upset. They were worried instead. But worried for what?

"Mallika this is a very weird idea!" Batuk almost giggled as she frowned and gave him an angry look.

"What do you mean? I've thought really deep this time! This way it won't even harm anyone else and we'll not even be lying to anyone!" Mallika told him, almost like demanding to fulfill her wish.

"But why do we need to do this? You were the one who used to rant about having your own baby and not adopt one. How did this sudden change in your thoughts arise?" Batuk asked getting a bit serious and not giggling off her talks now.

"Ohho! You're so stupid! Such a dumb husband have I got!" She rolled her eyes.
"A baby is a baby. And a mother is a mother!" She said confusing Batuk even more than before.

Batuk frowned even more and gave her an 'are you stupid?' look.

"You're not making sense Sweetheart." He said, biting onto his lower lip with confusion.

"See! A woman doesn't only become a mother when she gives birth to a baby, she can also be a mother by loving a baby with all the motherly love she has in her heart!" Mallika told with a smile.
"If I can't have a child of my own and be Devaki, I'll be happy being Yashoda too!" She added, making Batuk's heart just flutter and he looked up at her with amazement.

"Is this my Mallika? IS THIS MY STUPID MALLIKA?" Batuk almost screamed in shock, wrapping his arms around her tightly as she smiled.
"I... I don't know what to say.... I feel proud, just proud!" He smiled.

"So now listen to me!" Mallika pulled back and looked at him.
"We'll go to Italy for sometime... Like a few years and there we'll adopt a baby, who we'll tell everyone is ours!" She told him.

"Why do we need to lie?" Batuk frowned.

"We won't lie to anyone, it's gonna be our baby right? But it's just, Kaka Sasurji, Sasurji, Saasuma and even this whole society won't give the same respect and love to the baby if they get to know it's adopted.... I don't want my baby to suffer..." She said with tears entering her eyes.

"Don't cry!" Batuk gasped and wiped her tears.
"You're right, but still I want to talk to Anirudh Dada about it once. We'll do this for sure if he agrees." He smiled and hugged her tightly.

They had finally found a solution to all of this, or as they thought. But deep down there was another pain emerging in Batuk's heart now. The pain of staying away from his family. He'd always been really close to his family and thus it would be tough to stay away from them for such a long time!

But those things were for later. Right now the most important question was, will anirudh allow them to do so?

.....

After patting Rudhi to sleep, Bondita and Anirudh went away to sit near the window in their room.

It was quite windy and the night was peaceful and pretty, perfect to  sit under the sky with and gaze at the stars.

Anirudh had wrapped his arm around Bondita from behind as they sat on the couch they had quietly dragged near the window.
Bondita rested her head on his shoulder and sat their in solace.