36

I check myself out in the elevator

I check myself out in the elevator. The metallic switchboard acts as a mirror. I'm too unbelievable to be real. I'm a living painting, a drawn and colored fairy princess, complete with glitter. The only thing that's missing are the wings. I take my phone from a beige clutch purse and pose for a selfie. No filter. I hit the main floor button. It's close to 7:20.  

The lift descends. I turnaround to check out my ass. It has a shape because of the mermaid back design. Good, my booty needs some help. When the doors slide open to the first floor, I hyperventilate. "Okay...don't say anything stupid...or try to jump his bones. Don't repeat my first time out with a guy. No grinding." I catwalk out. love that my bad girl magic is back.  

A text from Jace makes me squeal. 

I'm here, darling 🤍

My finger taps a response in a flash: Coming

I pass through the spin doors, pushing them with more strength than needed. I'm restless. The night is lightly windy and warm. There's a golden car parked on the curb. It's so sleek and slim. So luxurious.

A normal person would be psyched to get inside

A normal person would be psyched to get inside. I'm not. My fear of riding in a vehicle cripples my feet from proceeding. Oh...I'm being silly. I can't do this. No...no...no, get a grip!

"The driver can't hurt me anymore. I am in a safe space. There is no harm." I murmur to myself. A flashback of the blurry street invades my mind. The growling and screeching of the car boom in my ears. The sight of my body hurling against the gravel. Blood begins to drain from my face.

The driver's side door extends upward. Jace, who's in a white gold embroidered suit and tie, circles to me. His green eyes soak in my appearance with dazzlement. He's blinded by my appearance. "Madison..." He expresses seductively. "Are you trying to get fucked tonight?" He steps onto the curb to tease my cheek with his warm breaths. 

His face is so toasty on mine. The fruity boardwalk scent is so calming. "Can't say..." I toy with him.

His fiery eyes peer into mine. "You're too tasty to share with guests."