But if she loved someone she wanted to share the power. She wanted him to be her equal.

"As do I, you go first." He pointed to her board, snapping her out of her staring contest with the wall.

She let out a breath while she wrote the words. The keys to her broken heart where in those words.

She stared at them for a moment, a smile climbing up her lips. A smile so big that it made her cheeks hurt.

And then she turned the board until the four words faced him.

'I'm inlove with you.'

She smiled at him, shyly looking at him.

And then it happened.

He started to laugh.

He was laughing at her.

She wondered if it was because he was also inlove with her. But she knew that wasn't the case, seeing as he had that evil glint in his eyes.

She had been played.

He was laughing at her.

"Oh this is GOLD!" He hollered with laughter. Athena gritted her teeth. "Oh this is the funniest thing I have ever heard."

That was the first blow to her heart.

"You really think!" He was gasping in-between his laughter. "You really think I would love someone like you!"

The second blow hit its mark. Dragging a dagger down her heart.

"A freak!"

No, don't say that.

"A monster like you! Oh Timothy was right! You do need to be in a mental hospital!" He was laughing again.

Timothy? One of her family members would think that about her.

"I really did try to tell them." Them. Meaning more than one. "That you weren't that insane."

Her family had lied.

She had thought they knew she didn't want to be like this. She hated that side if her.

"Ford," No not Ford. "Really did have me thinking! And now he's right! Oh you are mental."

No, no they loved her. They knew she was better than the stories.

"They all said they hated working with you. Said that atleast they got a big check at the end of the day." He was coughing from how hard he was laughing.

He had known what to say. To tear her part.

"Get your shit out of my house. Oh and don't go to your team you don't want to be a bother to them. They don't want you there anyway." He continued to laugh as he walked back out the front door.

Athena stood there, she dropped the whiteboard to the floor.

It was all a lie.

She finally thought she had done it, thought she had beat whatever monster was inside of her.

But it crawled its way up her throat. And the smiling girl was thrown out, she was the murder they thought she was again.

She really considered taking a match to his house. But instead, she woul hit him where it hurt.

She wiped an angry tear from her eye. And then set to destroying his apartment. Maybe it was childish. She didn't care. She trashed it.

Then when she was done. She stomped on her phone. Grabbed Cupola and some cat treats and walked out the door.

If he was forcing her to leave, she was taking his fucking cat with her.

She was no longer Athena White, she was the devil they all feared her to be.

⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝
"𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢?"

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟷𝟼𝟿

...𝚑𝚒...
𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎?

𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎???

𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚑

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕
𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗.....

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗