"But..." he thought for a moment and agreed to her without seeking the king's approval for him to do so.

"Thank you, revered one. I know it's a bit off to have myself here at the moment but I have a question and I need to ask all of you. Can you tell me when did you know about this event?" She started, not as bombastic as she had practiced in her head but it was manageable, she thought.

"Is this the time to ask our guests about this details, Rajakumari Nakshathra?" hissed Bavaneswaran. He struggled to keep himself control and not to burst in anger.

Nakshathra reflected the same as Bavaneswaran, nevertheless she forced herself to keep in check not to question him on his way of arranging the events of her life.

"It is the right time, Your Majesty. I have been thinking a lot for the past few days and even just now. On how do I approach this problem of mine... Two. I had two points in my head to speak that would defend myself today but... one of it would not be appropriate before the guests. Nonetheless, the other would certainly do the trick."

"What nonsense it this, Nakshathra?" her mother barked at her.

"Please be calm, Your Majesty. I am about to speak of my rights in this kingdom. For that—" Nakshathra paused as a man in his mid-fifties, dressed in silk tunic and sun coloured dhoti, the colour with the enforcement ministers were assigned, march to the front of the hall. Lord Bhuvanesh bowed to the king, the guest and to Nakshathra before following her gesture to get on the stage.

"Just what we needed. Thank you, Lord Bhuvanesh. As most of you would have known, I was not informed of this so-called engagement or alliance. In fact, every single arrangement has been done without my knowledge." Nakshathra set her eyes on Bavaneswaran for a bit too long making him uncomfortable.

"But as a citizen and a daughter of Kavish I have the right to decline this alliance at any given moment. Especially if this is conducted without my approval."

"Absurd!" The king spat. "What flippancy is this, Rajakumari? An insult to your father, the king of Kavish who had given his words to King Ayod to have you and prince Abhimanyu be tied in the matrimonial knot. Step aside now, let Rajaguru continue his given task." The king's thundered voice shocked many in the hall and many came forward from their seats.

"I am afraid I can't. Speaking about your promise to the king of Pareen, it needs to be addressed privately. For now, I would like Your Majesty and the rest of you to settle down." She waited until they returned to their seat. Her brothers still had their puzzled gaze on her as they watched the proceeding without interrupting.

"Lord Bhuvanesh, would you be kind enough to refer to the Women and Marriage Law script bundle number two, page seventeen. Please read point number five to all of us in the hall," she requested in a calm composure.

Bhuvanesh certainly did not expect the princess to request him to refer to the law scripts when he was asked to bring them to the hall. And having her precisely navigating him to the particular bundle, page and line, mesmerized him. Whatever the reason for him to recite the law, he was certain no one could have had the laws by heart more than Nakshathra and she was going to use it for herself. It's about time someone records this event for future, he affirmed to himself.

He cleared his throat, "Law script of the Women and Marriage under subtitle Concern and Clarity. A woman above the age of eighteen, the authorised age for marriage, should be in sound state of mind during the beginning of the talk of alliance and at the time of marriage. An alliance should be made with the approval of the woman in concern and not on any persuasion. Any forced, unaware or in no sound state of mind, the marriage alliance shall not be considered valid. The woman should be given enough details of the suitor in order for her to make her decision." Bhuvanesh recited the requested point and waited for Nakshathra for her next instruction.