11. Aarav's mother

Abhilasha

I really didn't know how to start. Maybe it was my karma for loving such a bastard at that point of time, that now my words were stuck up to my throat and my tears were at the brim of escaping my eyes.

As I recalled those memories which were buried deep within.

"He was the first person I agreed to be with. And the first person who made me hate myself to death." I started

a.n.: i might hate myself too when i complete writing this, i wanna cry lord!

"I was serving as an assistant professor at the University of Pune for PGs along with doing my masters in English." I chuckled remembering how hectic my days were.

Jimin's eyes were boring into me as if I had gone insane when he saw me chuckling. Or was it admiration? Or pity? Or jealousy? I didn't know but it was spiking my curiosity up.

"He was my fellow student. One day out of nowhere I was confessed by a stranger. It was him. I denied, but his persistent nature made me give up and I agreed. We started dating but I told him about me practicing celibacy before marriage and he agreed to that. It was good, we studied together, helped each other,  put our point of views about different novels, various topics. "

If I hear that now, feelings weren't involved at all. We were like friends.

"But after that night, everything changed. I went to the basement of his house in his absence as I needed something from the storage. I found a girl tied up. S-she... she was a minor Jimin, her...h-her body was covered with bruises. Signs of torture and r-rape  were evident." I felt a lump on my throat.

"It's-

He started, his expressions obviously pained, telling me to stop remembering those moments again.

I cut him off in between. Gathering up myself I continued.

"I untied her. She was nearly unconscious. I dragged her out somehow. I don't know if I should call it luck or God's grace, he wasn't there. We escaped. I admitted her to the hospital. They said it was meant to be a police case." I remembered that horrible scene. She was completely covered with blood stains and scars.

That night, I was outside the room. I couldn't get myself to see her condition.

"A lot of questions were going on. The following day, police was there to take her statement as her condition stabilized. She was there for almost a m-month. A month Jimin. A month. He was her tutor. How could h-he? He was supposed to be God for her, he became her demon."

I couldn't help myself from breaking down into tears.

"It was not your fault Abhilasha. Instead you saved her." He said to console me.

"But- but I was the reason of her death."

"What do you mean?" He asked shocked by my confession.

That was true though. If only I hadn't asked her to give birth.

"Tarun escaped. News broke out. Along with the news of that girl being pregnant. She wanted an abortion. Her condition was not stable to go through the procedure. I asked her to give birth. Telling I will adopt the child. She agreed. But after giving birth she jumped down the hospital building. "

I broke down even more. Aarav was so small back then that I was lost into that angel. Not noticing the thoughts of the girl lying in the hospital bed next to me.

She was staring at the child intensely. Her thoughts were difficult to decipher.

If only I hadn't gone out for a walk with the baby that day.

If only I stayed with the mother instead.

"It was all my fault. My faul- my fault that Aarav's mother was dead. My fault that Ishani was dead." My eyes went blurry from the tears that were flowing out without any control.

"It was not your fault. It was NOT." Jimin said and I snapped my head towards him.

"It was not your fault. You wanted her to live. If she aborted, she would've died. If you didn't find her, she would've died. You saved her Abhilasha  twice."

"Did I?" I asked unable to believe his words.

"Yes, You're Aarav's mother. She's not dead. You have to believe. You can protect him, you know that right?"

I shook my head.
Yes, I can.

I tried my best to protect Aarav. I did my best. I left my family.

I am his mother.

"Will you be his father then?"

"Huh?" He was confused by my question.

"I love you Mr. Park Jimin. Would you like to become the father of Mr. Aarav Jain?"

"No." I was taken aback.

"Ok. Direct rejection, guess you don't love me anymore."

"I'll be the father of Mr. Park Aarav. And one more thing, do you really think if I didn't love you, I would've been trapped here with wounds and blood and that too with a psycho. "

He said smiling. His eyes forming the crescent shape.

We both bursted into laughter.

"I love you too." He said.

After sometime, he tried to slide his chair towards me. Fortunately, opening my tie up.

As I was about to open his, the person I detested the most entered the room with food in his hands as usual.

Terror entered my body. But the rage was more.

"Trying to escape babygirl? Should I just have a taste of you instead of the food then? I think I should. " He said taking his steps towards me." After all ramming the wife in front to tied down husband is one of my bucket list thing."

I shivered at his gaze he was having on my body.

"Don't you dare to touch her you bastard. "

"Yell, a little more louder please. It'll turn me on." He said licking his lips. Disgusting.

○•○
I hate myself

💛💛Ly💛💛