Chapter 4: Hunters Nest

Start from the beginning

"Guys, we're moving." You notified them. 

"Huh?" Ruff looked out the window too. 

"Oh no. We are moving!" Tuff joined her at the window. 

"And that, my friends, is not good. Not good at all" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You made it to what appeared to be Viggo's base. Hunters were everywhere and in the middle was a giant, odd looking ship made of dragon-proof metal. You noticed Viggo standing at the top of the chasm near his tent. 

"My fellow Hunters. In the very near future, the Dragon Riders will be but a distant memory." You had gathered around with the rest of the hunters. Viggo continued. 

"However, time is unfortunately not on our side. Thus, it is very imperative that we complete Project Shellfire in a timely manner. Only then will we reclaim the seas and shores that by all rights belong to us!" The hunters cheered around you. 

"What a great speech, I'm moved." You said sarcastically. The twins gave you an odd look. 

"That was sarcasm, right?" Tuff asked. 

"Yes, Tuff." 

"Good, we don't need you switching sides on us." You laughed at Tuff's words. Feels good to be wanted. Ryker had sent the hunters back to work after the speech. Badi your here! Best bud, I sooo missed you. You spoke sarcastically through your own thoughts, because you couldn't say it to him in person or else you would be caught. 

"Project Shellfire. Sounds important." Ruff's words broke you out of your train of thought. 

"No wonder they stole Macey. Something this big would need one big, valuable, beautiful mace." Tuff responded. You looked around the base and at the odd ship, it had to be part of Project Shellfire, but not everything was quite there yet. There were extra parts that weren't needed for a ship, and parts missing that were need for the ship to work. You snapped back into reality as Tuff ran off sobbing. You had only just heard bits and pieces of what they were arguing about. 

"C'mon Ruff, lets find out what this Project Shellfire is all about. Tuff can be a baby by himself." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Ruff started working of the ship to seem less suspicious and to see if you could hear anything about Project Shellfire. Viggo had found out that you all were here (probably from Tuff not being carful) and was looking for you and the twins. It was a lot harder to find out things when you were being scouted for. 

When the coast was clear, you and Ruff slid down the ladders to make your escape. At the bottom, you peeked around the corners to make sure no one was coming. As you turned around, Ruff bumped into Ryker. 

"You two! Seen anything suspicious?" He asked the both of you. 

"No, I haven't seen anything" Ruff fixed her helmet and saluted, making a funny voice to disguise  her own. You both tried running off once you noticed he saw through your disguises. He grabbed your wrist and another hunter grabbed Ruff; they pulled off your helmets. 

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here. Your going to regret coming here." He smirked. 

"Come on." Ryker started dragging you to Viggo's tent, followed by the hunter dragging Ruff. 

"Get your slimly hands off me!" You used all your strength to elbow Ryker in the face. It was enough for him to loosen his grip on you. You tried running, but were stopped when Ryker grabbed you again. Damn it. If you were going to be caught, you were going to be a little shit about it, so you didn't walk; Ryker had to drag you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryker forced you down into the chair inside Viggo's tent. Ruffnut was in the chair next to yours, and Viggo was sitting behind his desk. You crossed your legs, waiting to see what he had to say about your little infiltration into his base.  

"These are the only Riders we found." Ryker growled from behind you. 

"Can I offer you anything? Some refreshment?" Viggo offered the both of you. 

"Nah. You probably posioned it." You crossed your arms. 

"I assure you, I didn't." Viggo confirmed. 

"Still. No, thanks." 

"I believe congratulations are in order. You successfully infiltrated Project Shellfire. Hiccup must be so proud." He poured himself a cup of water. "Of course, your Gronkle Iron mace didn't do you any favors, now, did it? But let us put all that in the past, shall we? I'm prepared to reward you handsomely." 

"Oh, yeah? For what? And how handsome are we talking?" Ruff leaned forward. 

"Well, that really depends on you two, and the quality of information you're willing to provide." He took a sip of his water. 

"When are Hiccup and the others going to attack?" He questioned.

"Hmm, tonight. They attack tonight." Ruff answered. That was a lie, Hiccup had no idea when he was going to attack. 

"Now you see, brother, I told you they would be reasonable. Move the elite guards to-" 

Oh, no, wait. No, he attacks tomorrow." 

"No, no, Ruff. Its next week. Oh, maybe next month?" You smirked. You couldn't tell if she was acting or if she actually didn't know, but you went along with it either way. Viggo was getting annoyed. 

"I'm not very good with dates." Ruff confessed.

"Shucks, me nei-" 

"Don't toy with us." Ryker slammed his fist on the table. Viggo drew his sword and pointed it at you. 

"Do it, I dare you." You challenged.

"Oh, no. I have a better plan for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were dragged down into a cave and were thrown into a cage, one like they would use to hold dragons. Ruff was taken somewhere else, you just hoped she was alright. There were a few guards posted around the cage since Viggo assumed Hiccup would be coming soon to get you and the twins.

You started hearing a commotion down the tunnel followed by a sharp whistling sound. Navjeev. In a flash, a blast of fire shot at the guards. They all started shouting and running around, grabbing their weapons. With the tunnel being as wide as it was, Navjeev was able to pick up your cage and fly down the tunnel. Just as you were to exit the cave, an arrow missed Navjeev by and inch. Navjeev dropped your cage trying to dodge the flying arrows. The hunters were able to catch up and they started shooting at Navjeev. 

"Navi! Go!" You commanded and pointed toward the night sky for him to leave. He hesitated, but started flying off, still not wanting to leave his rider. You heard as he roared in defeat as he flew. From the spot at the entrance of the cave, you could see the Riders flying off, your brother looking back at you with a sorrowful look. He didn't want to leave you, but he didn't have a choice at the moment. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1830

Story is finally starting to get interesting. I was going to have a few more chapters before this one, but I decided they were boring and unnecessary. Hope you liked this chapter.