"But you're spying on me. Google and Twitter searches."

I flush of all color. "No, you're wrong,"

"The phone you have, its initial IP address, is the beach house. All devices are coded by my tech guy and tracked. In case of theft. The service is automatic once connected to the estate's network."

"You've been watching me this whole time??!" I panic.

"No, I respected your privacy up until our last chat. Your state of mind worried me. I didn't like the suicidal indication."

I glower at him. "I'm not suicidal! Now unlink my phone and my searches!"

"You said I was wrong; you just contradicted yourself, darling." He paces to me; I raise my head to keep eye contact. He's so close! The air from his nose skims my forehead. My hands are dared to plot themselves onto his abs. I stare directly at his chest. The typical three buttons are undone. "What are you thinking?"

I pin my arms to my sides. "Nothing..."

"You're lying." His hands cradle my elbows. My skin prickles from his touch, much like fizzing acid.

I break away to the desk. My stomach inverts itself like a suction machine. "What's in the box?" I stutter.

"Open it."

I hold my breath until my ramming chest relaxes. I look down at the box. It has a smooth fabric cream bow atop it. I tug at a hanging string to untie it. The bow falls into ribbons. The presence of Jace's body behind me fogs my brain. His cologne is earthy...and tropical; I instantly think of a boardwalk and fruity beverages. He's close again, inches from connecting his waists to mine.

I zero in on the white box to dull my urge to slam into him. There's sheer wrapping paper inside. "It's already in a luxurious box. Why add fancy paper?"

"To remind you of Christmas."

I grab two handfuls of the paper and toss it into the air like a kid. It falls like thin confetti. "Is that a good reenactment?"

"Yes."

I catch sight of something pale gold

I catch sight of something pale gold...and sparkly. My eyes lower. I realize the glow is caused by diamonds. I'm baffled when I register what's in the box. A daring, elegant gown lies inside. The hushed gold color is topped by a sprinkle of shining crystals. The chest design is one-shouldered with a deep, curved cleavage line. One sleeve has a cutout. The other is bare. 

The stitched waist, the short front, and the mermaid tail rock my world. "Wow!"

"Do you like it?"

"No...I love it!" I squeal.

"Try it on."

I twist around, almost touching my mouth to his. It would be so easy to kiss...it's not even a long way for my neck to stretch. This isn't the place. My boss's office is not a good place to make out. "I'm not changing in here. My boss could walk in!"