CHAPTER 37: Bell Test...! - Part 4

A few minutes later Kakashi's breathing came back to normal level and he sensed someone behind him. "I was just wondering when you would start..." Kakashi said without turning around.

"I'm not like Naruto and Hinata... I'm an Uchiha... I'm an Elite... I'm an Avenger..." Sasuke replied getting into his stance.

(5 minutes later... With Naruto and Hinata...)

"Shit... All I can sense is that he is somewhere around in this training ground, but I am not able to pinpoint his exact location..." Naruto lamented after trying and failing to find the exact location of their sensei for the second time. Hinata also tried to look for their sensei with her Byakugan but she also could not find their sensei.

"Ummm... Naruto-kun... I think we should start looking for Sasuke, so that we can regroup and make a better strategy together..." Hinata who was still a little red faced, gave her suggestion while poking her index fingers.

(A little far away... Overlooking Naruto and Hinata...)

Interesting... He can still sense me even after I applied an advanced chakra concealing seal on myself...? Kakashi thought surprised that the boy can still sense him somewhat. He was constantly keeping himself in the Byakugan's blind spot range so that Hinata couldn't find him either.

(With Naruto and Hinata...)

"Ok wait..." Naruto agreed with Hinata and concentrated on locating Sasuke's chakra signature.

Soon the blond boy and the Hyuga princess found their third teammate in a very funny position near the three training stumps. Sasuke was buried up to his neck and only his head was above the ground in front of the middle training stump.

"Teme...?" Naruto was trying hard not to laugh and Hinata was also the same.

"Dobe... Don't even think of making a joke..." Sasuke warned.

"What are you doing duckbutt...? Are you laying eggs underground...?" Naruto asked laughing so hard that he had tears in his eyes. Hinata was trying to maintain a poker face but was failing miserably.

The alarm went off stopping the laughter of the blond boy. Realizing that their time ran out Naruto and Hinata just decided to lay down on both sides of their third teammate and somehow they conveniently forgot to help their teammate to get out.

Soon Kakashi appeared in front of the Genins and at the exact same moment Sasuke's stomach decided to growl as he had only eaten few fruits earlier. Kakashi seemed amused and said, "Uh oh... Stomach's growling... huh...? Oh, by the way... About this exercise... Well I've decided I won't send any of you back to the academy..."

"Then... Then that means all three of us...?" Naruto asked getting excited. He didn't even wait for an answer and helped Sasuke to get out of the ground.

"Yes, all three of you are being dropped from the program permanently..." Kakashi answered.

"Why sensei...?" Hinata asked with a shocked expression whereas Naruto's mood just changed into a serious one, but he remained silent.

"Because you don't think like Ninja... You think like little kids... Like brats..." Kakashi replied.

Sasuke in a fit of rage charged at the Jounin blindly but immediately found himself on the ground lying on his stomach with Kakashi on top of his back. The Jounin's foot was on his head forcing it down and his left hand was locked behind his back by the Jounin. "You think its all about you..."

(Hokage Cabin...)

"Unbelievable... How can you say you're worried about Kakashi Lord Hokage...? He's never passed a single student... He fails all of them..." Iruka ranted worrying about the kids who were his former students.

"Iruka... You still don't know what I know..." Hiruzen said calmly releasing a puff of smoke.

(Training ground 7...)

"You don't know what it means to be a Ninja..." Kakashi said and took out a kunai from his pouch and held it at Sasuke's throat and ordered, "Hinata... Kill Naruto now or Sasuke dies..."

"Sensei... Let go of Sasuke..." Surprisingly it was Hinata who said that. Instead of getting scared of Kakashi, she got into her Gentle Fist Stance with her Byakugan getting activated and the nerves around her eyes are getting dangerously intense.

"You think it's a game... Huh...?" Kakashi asked casually not really caring about the threat issued by the Hyuga Princess.

Hinata got into a more aggressive stance and said, "You're within my range sensei... Gentle Fist: 8 Tria..." But she didn't get to finish her sentence as she was interrupted by Naruto who said, "You have exactly 3 seconds to release our teammate sensei..."

(Hokage Cabin...)

"What are you talking about Lord Hokage...? What is it that I don't know...?" Iruka asked.

"You're just worried that your students may fail Kakashi's test... I am worried about Kakashi who's never met someone as ridiculously strong as Naruto except may be Guy..." Hiruzen replied.

(Training Ground 7...)

"You think you can scare me Genin...?" Kakashi taunted. But he was still on high alert as he just witnessed the boy's strength and speed.

(Hokage Cabin...)

"He might be too strong... But how can he face a War veteran, Former Anbu and a Jounin like Kakashi who has years of battlefield experience...?"

"Iruka... What I am about to give you is highly confidential information and you should keep it to yourself..." Hiruzen said and when Iruka nodded he took out a file from his robes and handed that to the Chunin.

"Baba Yaga...?" Iruka read out the name on the file before going through the contents of it.

(Training Ground 7...)

"Three..." Naruto started the reverse countdown.

"Hinata... As I said earlier... Kill Naruto now or Sasuke dies..." Kakashi repeated ignoring Naruto's count down. Hinata did not respond and remained in her stance.

(Hokage Cabin...)

The sound of the file and its contents dropping from Iruka's hands onto the floor broke the silence that prevailed in the room. "This...! This can't...! This can't be true...!" Iruka said with a horrified expression.

"As unbelievable as that is... It is the truth... I only found out about this after the Uchiha Massacre..." Hiruzen replied after releasing a heavy sigh.

"Lord Hokage... You must stop this... It could be dangerous for Kakashi...!" Iruka shouted this time without caring that he was in front of the Hokage.

(Training Ground 7...)

"Two..." Naruto kept counting.

"Being arrogant I see..." Kakashi taunted again.

(Hokage Cabin...)

"In the entire village, Kakashi and Guy are the only Jounins who could possibly survive this... And Guy already has his own Team of Genin... That's why Kakashi was the best choice to lead this team..."

"But how can he survive something like this..." Iruka questioned in shock referring to the contents of the confidential file.

(Training Ground 7...)

"One..." Naruto finished counting.

(Hokage Cabin...)

"If Kakashi can't survive this... I am not sure who can, other than Guy..." Hiruzen replied.

(Training Ground 7...)

"So, what... The time is up... What you gonna d..." Kakashi couldn't finish his sentence before his instincts went crazy again and he was forced to let Sasuke go as he had to dodge a slap kick barely in time that destroyed an entire section of the forest in its wake by ducking. He wasn't able to witness the destruction left behind by the missed kick though as he was not able to dodge the next attack and soon he found himself on the floor in the same position as Sasuke was before, but this time Naruto was on top of him with the Jounin's left hand locked behind his back and in the blond boy's grip.