CHAPTER 6: A New Last Name - Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any characters in Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

"Human Talking"

Human Thoughts

Jutsus

"Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Talking"

Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Thoughts

CHAPTER 6

A New Last Name

Hiruzen was trying his best to contain his anger. He was sitting in his office trying to find out, who leaked information to public about the new born baby sleeping in his office being the jinchuriki of Kyubi. There have been 14 assassination attempts on the boy's life in the last 3 days...! All of the assailants were caught by his anbu Dog, Tenzo and Cat. These assailants were then interrogated by Ibiki. The interrogation results left Hiruzen shocked. All of them were people of his own village..! People whom his successor died saving, are now trying to kill his son.

"You can come in now..." Hiruzen said all of a sudden.

For a few seconds there was no response, but then someone entered through the hokage office window and stood facing Hiruzen.

"Its been a long time sensei." The person greeted with a somber expression on his face.

"Indeed it has been Jiraiya..." Hiruzen said releasing a sigh.

"So Minato and Kushina are gone..." the now identified Jiraiya said as a statement, to which Hiruzen didn't say anything.

For a few moments, neither Sensei nor the student said anything. Both were reflecting on their failures.

I failed to save those three in The Rain village and now I failed to save Minato and Kushina too. Had I stayed back in Leaf, maybe Minato and Kushina would have still been alive. were the thoughts running rampant in the toad sannin's head.

If it was me that did the deed to save this village, maybe I would have saved both their lives and I would not be there to see my own people falling down so much as to try to take the life of a child..! were Hiruzen's thoughts.

The painful silence was broken when Hiruzen's personal assistant peeked her head through the door and said "Lord Third, Lady Tsunade is here to see you."

That broke the both of them out of their trance. Jiraiya tried processing what the assistant said in his mind and when it clicked, he shouted in surprise, "Tsunade... is back in the Leaf....!?"

Jiraiya's outburst caused the baby in the office to wake up from his sleep and he started to make whimpering and crying noises. Hiruzen rushed to the crib and picked up the baby. He then started to rock him gently trying to calm him down.

Once the boy calmed a little Hiruzen asked his assistant, "Please send her in..." His assistant went back to do as she was asked.

It took a few moments for Jiraiya to realize who the baby boy is, but when he got a glimpse of blond hair peeking through the bundle Hiruzen was holding, he was sure, that the boy was who he thought him to be. Jiraiya approached Hiruzen and took a good look at the baby in his sensei's arms.

"Is he...?" The sannin tried to ask slowly this time, so as not to make the boy uncomfortable again.

"Yes..." His sensei confirmed his guess.

"He looks like both of them." Jiraiya said looking at the boy, while the baby boy was looking back at the sannin with curious blue eyes.

Jiraiya then took the boy in his hands to get a good look at his godson. The baby was good for a few moments but then he was getting a bit uncomfortable. Jiraiya tried to calm him by gently rocking him, but the boy kept struggling. Hiruzen took the boy from Jiraiya and tried to calm the boy himself, but it was not working. Both men tried everything they could, but the boy wasn't calming down. He was not crying but has a troubled expression and was nearly whimpering, but they don't know why and what to do now. They started to make some faces to entertain the boy.

When Tsunade walked in, what she saw was comical. Her sensei and her old teammate were making some stupid faces. Shizune also could not explain why Jiraiya was stretching his mouth with two fingers in front of a whimpering baby. Tsunade sighed at their pathetic attempt to calm the baby. Both men were startled when Tsunade walked up to them and took the baby boy into her arms. She wrapped him up in her warm embrace. The boy instantly calmed down and smiled as she rubbed his back while holding him gently. She gazed at him and the boy looked up at her with curious eyes. She tore her gaze away from the blond baby and looked straight at her sensei.

"Tell me everything sensei..." Tsunade more or less demanded while still keeping the baby in a warm embrace.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Few Painful Moments Later...)

Shizune was holding the baby while she sat on a couch inside the hokage's office. Hiruzen sat in his chair behind the desk, Jiraiya was leaning on the opposite wall facing his sensei and Tsunade sat on the window with both of her legs placed on bottom space of the window. She was looking out through the window. If one looked close enough they can see some dried tears on her face.

The painful silence between the two sannin and their sensei was occasionally broken by the giggling sounds made by the baby boy.

"So he is, her son..?" Tsunade suddenly asked without turning her face.

"Yes he is..." it was Jiraiya who replied.

"Why is he here in the office? Why is he not in the hospital nursery room?" Tsunade inquired this time looking straight towards her sensei.

Hiruzen released a sigh and replied, "He was not safe there."

"What do you mean he's not safe in the hospital?" Tsunade questioned. Jiraiya also raised an eye brow at his sensei's words but he didn't say anything.

"There were some situations...." Third hokage said.

"What situations exactly..?" It was Jiraiya who asked this time putting emphasis on the word situations.