Rhysand

Rhysand

I handed Aria my phone filled with almost a hundred videos of Sandria. And right before my eyes, I saw her transform into someone else. Someone who's more of a mother figure... Someone who recognizes love in an instant... It's like someone who sees their newborn child for the first time. It was like that watching her. Just so raw and pure... And I feel like the worst person in this world right now for not letting her experience this seven years ago.

Walang tigil ang iyak niya habang nanonood. She was smiling but also crying the whole time while the videos play. She broke down again and again. Mas lalo pang napahigpit ang hawak ko sa ugat ng punong sinasandalan namin ngayon.

This is something that I will regret for a lifetime. She's never going to forgive me... I don't deserve that anymore. I would not forgive myself too... And I can live with that, as long as she finally gets to be with Sandria.

Napatitig ulit ako sa kanya. Hindi ko siya inabala sa panonood at nanatiling nakamasid lang sa bawat reaksyon niya. Every laugh she had were never brief moments, they always last long but so as her cries.

They say there's no such thing as love at first sight. But I'm willing to gamble with anyone who opposes that right now. What I'm looking at... is definitely the most beautiful evidence of love at first sight.

She might think of herself as a failure now because of all of this. But if there's anyone here that failed completely in life, it was me. Binigo ko ang lahat ng naniniwala sakin sa simula palang. I failed Aria the most for being so terrible and selfish to her in our relationship. I failed the only person who has been with me through ups and downs. Hindi na ako nagtaka kung bakit sa isang iglap ay nawala nalang siya. And there's no one else to blame the most but me.

Days after that were too abrupt. I find myself preparing Sandria to meet her mother. She doesn't know it of course, but I already received the DNA results. Alam kong hindi na magdadalawang isip pa si Aria na puntahan siya. Sandria has always been so eager to meet her, but I've been in the way everytime. Because it scares me that what if Aria would know... Kahit pa wala pang pitong taon, paano kung nalaman niya na? She'll probably have full custody over her and she might take her to Mexico, or wherever in the world she'll be.

Aria's the most kind-hearted, loving, God-fearing, and understanding woman I ever met. But she was also very tolerant, sometimes she's an enabler especially when it comes to her family and me. And she's very stubborn and always tend to risk herself most of the time. But when it comes to her daughter, I can only think of the things of what she might do for her. Kayang-kaya niyang sirain ang pangarap niya... o iwan ako para lang mapalaki ng maayos ang bata.

I began to think and accept the fact that I'm no good in any family.

And I don't want to lose Sandria, the same as I don't want Aria to lose her hopes. But then, I only realized I was only scaring the shit out of myself and thinking the worst out of the situation.

"Mom looks really pretty, Dad. She liked my caterpillar. Kung ayaw mo daw pakaainin, siya nalang daw po..." Sandria laughed and hugged my neck even tightly. She's currently sitting on my shoulder while doing things with my hair again. Madalas niya akong lagyan ng mga buns at clips niya, kahit na nasa kalagitnaan pa ako ng pagluluto.

I raised her to the best of my abilities. And I hoped that it will all be paid off the moment she'll meet her mother. So far, maybe it did. "Did you like her?"

She nodded swiftly. "I love her! We got the same taste. Can I get to see mom tomorrow again?"

She's already calling her mom. And she loves her. I sighed in relief and nodded to her. I can't wait see your mother tomorrow too, Sandria.