Prologue

Platonic Hearts - West

---

Prologue

"Our beloved guest of honor is the living statue of grace, beauty, and virtue! I am thrilled and delighted to introduce her to you, ladies and gentlemen! Better prepare your phones and cameras, and let us all welcome our guest artist for today! All the way from Mexico, the one and only Miss Aria Solace!"

"Madam, we're ready..." My assistant's assistant said.

"A minute more! Don't you see she's still nasa salamin pa? Do not disturb her while she's in front of the mirror or else I tell you..." My assistant dared his assistant. I tried to hold my laugh at Venus. I breathed in and didn't mind the emcee's announcement outside.

"Sorry po, Sir—I mean, Ma'am! M-Ma'am po..." naginginig na sagot naman ng assistant niya.

"Whatever. So incompetent! Gosh..." He said. I saw his hand shooing away his assistant. Mangiyak-ngiyak naman iyong lumabas. 

I glared at him and roll my eyes. "That's your third one this month, Venus." I remind her while taking turns and different angles in the full body mirror with striking lights to my complexion.

"That's my most basic rule, sissy, and they can't even follow it for just one week! It's not that hard to remember naman. It's just Sir to Ma'am!" reklamo pa niya. He applied more lip-gloss in his lips then starts to lift my jaw in different directions to see which would be a better angle if I'd be in the camera minutes from now.

I straightened my face, fierceness and attitude written all over. Bumaling pa ako sa iba't ibang anggulo. "You can have your boyfriend as your assistant, Venus. I told you can, 'di ba? It's fine with me. Just no romance when working."

He fixed my hair on my shoulders and lowered the sleeves of my dress to reveal my neck and put emphasis on my collarbones even more. Napangisi ako nang makontento sa ginawa pa niyang mga ayos. My upper body is now more refined. Venus and his glamorous magic when I'm on stages is really dazzling and the best! Thank goodness one of the most exclusive make-up artists in the world is on my side.

Huminga ako ng malalim. "I'm ready..." I whispered to myself. 

May isang patakaran lang akong sinusunod sa buhay ko ngayon. At iyon ang magtagumpay sa lahat ng bagay. It's not because I want people to bow down before my feet, or to make other people jealous of me. It's just something I promised myself to have a long time ago. At walang masama roon, dahil iyon lang naman ang tanging pangako na tinupad ko para sa sarili ko. I don't see any reason to regret who I am now. I've worked hard for this... to achieve this.

"Tingin ko handa ka na rin..." Venus said while eyeing me with a mischievous grin in the mirror. Para siyang tuwang-tuwa sa napakagandang eskulptura na ginawa niya kung makatingin sa akin. He clapped his hands three times. "Voila! You came back strong I suppose... Iyon lang ang tatandaan mo kapag naglakad ka papalabas roon, okay? May pamilya man o wala, maganda ka."

He fixed my hair that he did all by himself when I turned away from the mirror. Nanikip ang dibdib ko sa huli niyang sinabi pero hindi ko nalang pinansin pa iyon.

The curtains started parting, the spotlights are already gleaming from outside and in the center stage. Dumagundong ang buong simboryo sa labas. I can hear the whole dome went wild when the music starts to play for my entrance. There's no one on the wide stage yet but the flashes and lights ups of cameras are already everywhere. One of which is my boyfriend's. 

"Aria, look here! Aria Solace!"

The huge crowd outside started cheering my name.

"Any update about him, Venus?" I quietly when we started walking to the opening where the staffs, securities, and organizers of this event are waiting for me.