ARC 2: Chapter 29 (Dancing and Gaming)

Third P.O.V

The message has gotten Jonah over the top and he furiously types back a reply to Poseidon.

JMC: No way, you can't ask for that!

PM: Why no? :P

JMC: Because! I don't own Jun-seo, the person who owns Jun-seo is literally Dalton Irons, the CEO of one of the largest tech companies!

PM: I know :)

JMC: Literally, I can just snip these texts out of this shit and just send it to Dalton and see what the hell is going to happen, cause you're not only just dealing with the CEO, you're literally dealing with the nation AND THE FREAKING GOVERNMENT!

PM: Ah, please, why care for me? Does it look like I also care that I might get arrested for this? Also, besides, this is JUST A F*CKING BET, A F*CKING GAMBLE, NOT a THREAT. I doubt that the government would arrest me since YOU'RE THE ONE TO SELL JUN-SEO AWAY.

JMC: I CAN JUST LITERALLY TELL THEM HOW YOU FORCE ME INTO MATCH BETS SO YOU CAN LITERALLY HAVE THINGS YOUR OWN WAY.

PM: HOW DO I LITERALLY DO IT, HUH? YOUR PARANOIA HAS CAUSED YOU TO THINK OF ME AS A F*CKING B*TCH WHO WOULD HURT YOUR PATHETIC FRIENDS AND BASTARDS FOR MY OWN SELFISH REASONS.

JMC: THAT'S ALWAYS TRUE, YOU'RE ALWAYS SELFISH AS F*CK, POSEIDON. YOU ONLY SEE FIT TO HAVE THINGS IN YOUR WAY INSTEAD OF HOW ANYBODY ELSE WANTS IT.

PM: STFU, YOU ALWAYS HAVE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE TO YOURSELF WHILE I ALMOST LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING.

JMC: MAYBE IF YOU HADN'T BEEN AN ASS TO ANYONE OR TO EVERYONE IN SCHOOL.

PM: You know what? Drop this sh*t now, all I want now is Jun-seo, Jun-seo only. I'm the only one who can keep him happier than you guys.

JMC: How the f*ck do you even f*cking know? You scared my little Jun-seo in the bathroom, does it look like I can forgive you for that?

PM: He wouldn't have been scared of me if you didn't f*cking manipulated him.

JMC: MANIPULATED?!? MANIPULATED, MY ASS, YOU'RE JUST A SORE LOSER WHO ALWAYS WHINE WHEN HE COULDN'T GET WHAT HE WANTS.

PM: Will you f*cking shut up? Now let's get back to the topic: Will you accept this bet or not? Right now, Jun-seo is the only thing that I'm thinking in my mind.

Jonah McCarthy sat in silence at the reply on the screen. He didn't want to take the bet, he could just end it right now with a single call or contact with the police or anybody out there, even Dalton himself...

Or maybe at some point, he wants to take the bet... Just to prove to Poseidon that he's a far better person and role model for Jun-seo.

JMC: ... Fine, f*ck it anyway, I'll play your stupid little game. I'm doing this for Jun-seo, but I'm also doing this so I can kick your ass.

PM: Oh? Getting confident right there, that's the spirit of Jonah McCarthy, let's see how this plays... Between me and the most notorious dumb-dumb who likes to play things quite dangerously... How about we have this settlement take place...

...

PM: On Aerial Cores.

The conversation closes and Jonah grabs midair of the virtual realm and pulls down the controls out of midair. He presses the button: EXIT ROOM, and the entire room begins to dissipate, replaced by a large neon landscape.