S4:C13; Right v. Wrong

Start from the beginning

"Ah. Tell him I said hi," Giorgi said before pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Okay. Drive safely. Don't let her eat any treats while you're driving. She'll try to crawl in your lap for more when she's done."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's terribly dangerous."

"Oh, I'll keep that in mind," my husband chuckled. "I'll see you later, babe."

"See you later," I said, waving to him. Upon stepping out the front door, I heard him lock it and test the knob. He'd even locked and tested all of our windows in the house before he put Corgi on her leash; he didn't forget the back door either. He'd stopped joining me for most of my classes, worried that his attitude would start more problems with other people than it would prevent. The Greek man still spooked some people but not intentionally anymore. He was just an intimidatingly big guy with a really deep voice and a lot of confidence. In fact, most of my acquaintances would take off whenever they saw him headed towards me because of how blunt and threatening his vibe was.

My new buddy, Tanner, I remembered, hadn't seen Giorgi until I jumped on him today, but even though they were the same height and he was heavier than my husband, he seemed a little stunned when he saw how big Giorgi was. It made me feel so much luckier to be with him whenever people acted like that in his presence; nervous or just plain shocked. I felt like I had married the strongest and sexiest man in the world.

Bzzzzz! Bzzzzz! Bzzzzz!

I looked at my phone and answered upon seeing that Amani was calling. "Hey," I greeted. "You okay?"

"Me? I'm fine," he chuckled. "I just got a little anxious... I haven't seen or heard from Cooper in a while, and I started thinking of all the worst, so I felt I should call you."

"Even though we've been working on my notes together for the past twenty minutes," I tittered, teasing my professor. "You're starting to worry about me more than Giorgi now, you know?"

"I can't help myself," he laughed softly. "I couldn't shake my horrid thoughts, and needed to hear that you're safe."

"Don't worry too much. I'm safe as ever. Giorgi made sure to lock up the whole house before he left," I mentioned.

"Wh...? Where did he go?"

"He took Corgi to the pet store for some treats and stuff."

"How far is the store from your house?"

"Not too far. He'll be out for just 30-45 minutes tops."

"Cameron," he began, sounding quieter than usual. Almost guilty. "Will you do me a favor?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Will you lock yourself in your bedroom until Giorgi gets back? Or the darkest room in your home? One with no windows?"

My stomach turned at the sudden eerie feeling I got from hearing his request while I had been sitting in the living room. "Yeah...but...why?" I asked as I gathered my laptop, phone, and tea from the coffee table.

"Well, I'm just worried about where Cooper might be and what he's planning. I don't think I've told you yet, but he's been hanging around Gill a lot lately. They're calling each other boyfriends," Amani explained, making my entire being freeze with the exception of my twitching eyelids. "I'm just worried Cooper will stalk you and convince Gill to help him somehow."

"H-Have you told Giorgi?"

"Not yet. And I don't mean to make you panic," he said sincerely. "I just want you to be aware."

"I understand," I mumbled, feeling my body begin to shake. "Um...Amani...?"

"Yes? Are you alright, Cameron?"