C. 11: What now?

< Author's POV >

Days after the Japanese-Saderan war ended, Shandy is slowly developing her feelings toward Xavier.

Xavier, of course, is aware of it. But all of Shandy, she frequently blushed and nervous anytime they talked. Not to mention that Hamilton also had some interest in him.

At the general's office, Mitch questioned Lt. General Hazama on what should they do since the war ended.

Hazama replied that supporting the New Saderan empire to rise itself again, anything that helps will be appreciated.

Once he left the office, he was approached by Rory.

Rory: I saw some explosion at the distance when Zorzal's soldiers attacked the place. Was it your magic?

Mitch: You can say that. Anyway, are bandits frequent here?

Rory: In my lifetime, I saw many bandits camping, and attacking merchants on their way. So, they are frequent.

Mitch: Thank you for the information, Priestess Rory.

Rory: You're welcome Mitch, the wise mortal.

Mitch then summoned his ship and head for Italica for merchant escort missions.

Once arrived, he was briefed by a merchant, on about going to Rondel.

Mitch: Got anything for your trip?

Merchant: I got everything, even my pouch. And let's go, buyers might be waiting there. Do you have your anything, young man?

Mitch: Yes sir.

Merchant: Very well and lets go.

Then, they exit to the west gate of Italica and start their journey for Rondel.

Merchant: I've seen much when the Japanese helped us.

Mitch: So?

Merchant: Can't you see? When I come here, everyone was doing well until that siege when the Japanese first appeared. They called them, "People in green."

Mitch: Yes.

Merchant: And I heard that 2 kids piloting two gigantic steel dragons. Is that true?

Mitch: Yes.

Merchant: Then, do you know the name of these two kids?

Mitch: Yes I do but sorry, that stuff is prohibited.

Merchant: Why not?

Mitch: Privacy laws.

Merchant: Then, what name do you want me to call you?

Mitch: Lupus.

(AWDZ: "Wolf" in Latin.)

Merchant: Alright.

Meanwhile...

Xavier: Could we just talk about this, fair and square?

Shandy: Of course it is fair, Xavier.

Hamilton: What about this, in some point in time, I will go with Xavier in the mornings, and you in the afternoon. Okay?

Xavier: ("This is not the outcome I expected.")

Shandy: Okay!

Xavier: ("Okay, execute harem situation protocol. Hope this works.") I will agree to your schedule of sharing. And the sun is in the east, I will say that, it is 10 in the morning. Hami, let's go. And Ms. Marea, see you in the afternoon. Good day.