C. 5: Avenge for Father

< Author's POV >

For their debrief, they head to the Schwartz Woods to train the fellow elves on how to operate an anti-tank launcher.

Xavier: Be careful, watch your back before you launch that rocket.

Itami: Alright, let's go.

Mitch: Just watch the fire dragon's breath to avoid being burned alive.

And started their walk to the dragon's nest, which is Mt. Duba.

Itami: There?

Yao: Yes. Mt. Duba... They say they saw the Fire Dragon's nest here once.

Male Elf 1: The Fire Dragon enters and leaves via the summit, and makes a nest on a rock shelf in the volcano.

Itami: Can we get in?

Male Elf 1: There's a cave that leads to the nearest halfway up to the mountain.

They continued their hike and located the cave entrance.

Male Elf 1: When we were searching for sulfur to make smoked fruit, we went inside this cave. It connects to a rock shelf inside the caldera, where we saw the Fire Dragon sleeping. Soon as we saw it, we ran away.

Rory: Can't we go in from the caldera?

Male Elf 1: It's a steep drop. We can't go down.

Rory: So we have to go through the cave? I can't go underground.

Itami: It's fine, you can stay outside. You're going to make sure the Fire Dragon doesn't come back while we're inside.

Itami then handed over the radio to Rory. The two elves checked inside the cave to see if there's a Fire Dragon or not.

Before going inside they eat the MREs. And the two elves returned. The elf named "Kurou" which Yao stated was correct that it leads straight to the nest. And they saw no Fire Dragon.

Itami: Okay. We go as soon as we're done eating.

After they finished eating, Itami along with other elves and two will also go inside. 

Itami: Rory, can you hear me?

Rory: Sure can.

Midway into the tunnel, the male elf said that ahead is the dragon's nest. And ordered them to stay.

Itami scouted the nest and no dragon is in-sight.

Itami: This is the Fire Dragon's nest? Everyone, you may move on.

Everyone moves onto the shelf of the volcano.

Mitch: Look at this...

Xavier: And that some big ass foot right here not gonna lie.

Itami: Eggshells?

Leilei: All animals eat food during their active cycles, then breed and raise children. I'd forgotten that...

Itami: Does that mean there's more than one Fire Dragon?

Leilei: No. It's been a long time since those eggshells have broken. It is likely already left the nest.

Male Elf 1: We've only seen one Fire Dragon.

Itami: Okay, if there's only one enemy, that is perfect.

Male Elf 2: Wow, this is a magic sword.

Female Elf 1: This is amazing.

Itami: Were these left by people that the Fire Dragon killed?