THANTHIRAMUM ...MANTHIRAMUM _1!

Mullai : Oru chinna ponnu kashtapadratha paathutu , awaloda alugaiya meeri , antha uruthaloda namma vaalkaiya arambikra enaku kastama eruku Kathirr !
Enaku Nandhiniyum , thangachi maathiri than .

She was seated on the ground, inbetween the legs of Kathir who was reclined on the bed of that small compact room _ in one of the nearby houses which Murugan had arranged for the family members to stay .

She hugged his knees as whilst saying this and buried her face in his lap with confusion and worry .
In her confusion she even failed to notice his hands that caressed her back as if easing off her worries .
Still the fresh crying and trembling red face of Nandhini who came running towards her minutes before flashed in her mind .

The elderly ladies had left Mullai all to herself for sometime , to prepare for their special night .
Everything was to take place as per custom that night . So Mullai s room in the terrace was being specially decorated . So was the new bride and groom .
The other members were seen loitering here and there between the houses ,that was arranged for the stay .
The dinner was arranged in the backyard with the huge "Shhamiyana " extending from one end of their street to another .
Tables and chairs were being arranged and food had come in giant containers all the way from A2B Trichy .
In simple , that whole Street was celebrating Mullai and Kathir ' s wedding once again .
But lo _
The rain suddenly dristled and then poured cats and dogs that , all the arrangements took a back seat .
The members of family had taken shelter wherever they could .
With her barriers been lifted off temporarily , the new jubilant decked up bride Mullai had silently sneaked out in search of her man .
In that pouring rain , she immediately wanted to hug him tight and kiss him full on his lips .
She was slowly tip toeing from the veranda of her own home to the adjacent one , when she saw Nandhini , came running towards her from the plantation behind .
At first Mullai didn't get to notice her .
But then ,
Nandhini came straight to Mullai with a whimpering and crying face and hugged her tight with a cry Akkaaa !
Mullai had never seen Nandhini like this _ precisely this vulnerable .
She was always seen with a care free attitude with a tinge of sophistication .
Even Uma used to complain about her antics to Mullai ,that Mullai was now shocked to see her like this .

Mullai : Yeei ..Nandhu, enachu pa. Thottathulla erunthu ipadi aluthukittu vara ?
Poochi ...'Thel ' yethuvum kadichurucha ? Sollu Nandhu ....yei , ipadi katti kittu alugura ennachu ?
Kekren la sollu , Nandhu !

Mullai was merely four to five years elder to her that they had sort of developed a good friendship in these few days though Nandhini wasn't that much attached to her like Baran or Vikki .
She did have a bit of attitude in her unlike her parents.
But , both Nandhini and Vikki being the first kin blood relatives of Kathir than the other cousins , they had developed a good and true bond as well . That made Nandhini open her mouth to Mullai without any hesitation . Not to mention the everkindness of Mullai .

Nandhini : Akka ....akk...

Mullai : Chu ...alama , enna vishyamnu sollu . Nee intha maathiri laam alugura aal illaiyae !

The young girl ,looked up in a hurt tone now .

Nandhini : Alugura aal illaiya ! Ellarum ennaiya pathi enna than nenachu kittu erukinga . Naan enna avlo kooda worth illaiya ?
Enaku alagu illaiya ?
Enaku feelings illaiya ?
Naan alagurathuku kooda rights illaiya ?
Yen ka ...nee kooda ipadi solra ?

Mullai : Acho ...Nandhu , enachu da unaku .
Naan apadi sollala .

Nandhini : Pinna ? Ipo thana awanum sonnan . Thoo ....neeyum solra .