PUTHUSUM ...PALASUM !

Mithra was looking like a giant orange _ pink bud , fresh as ever , waiting to bloom !!

This was the very first occasion she was wearing a half saree.

A bright kesari orange kanchivaram silk skirt ( pattu pavadai ) with knee length golden borders and multiple frills that flared out beautifully every time she turned around , with a contrasting , baby pink mini puff sleeved blouse and matching pink colour tissue silk half saree with golden motifs all over .
Uma had pleated her long hair into two braids , with jasmine flowers encircling the base in a cuff , and had decorated her with antique gold jewellery .,incontrast to the sparkling diamonds Mullai was wearing .
A thick gold Lakshmi tikka adorned her forehead beautifully .
An intricately designed gold Lakshmi haram with red kemp stone work hung from her neck with matching kemp jhumkas adorning her ears . The matching Lakshmi hip belt snuggled around her hip , highlighting her hour_ glass figurine to the maximum .
She was in her sweetest sixteen and now the half saree , announced high that she was transforming into a perfect , gorgeous , curvaceous woman just like her elder sister .
She looked exactly like a miniature , a bit younger version of her ravishing elder sister .

She had worn a pattupavadai last year for the marriage of the very same couple .
That time ,she didn't feel anything indifferent .
But now ,
On this day ,..., On that auspicious moment when she saw her favourite Kathir mama tie the knot with a smile his face around the blushed face of her prettiest sister , she felt something _ something , turn inside her .
A bubble bloomed within !
The traditional half saree made her feel like a grown woman rather than a child .
She saw Kathir look deep into her sister' s eyes with pure unadulterated love as he tied the knot !!
A blissful serene scenario _ that needed more than a pair of thousand eyes to witness .
That moment was absolutely blissfull !!
She didn't know what was happening inside her ,
But something stirred her insides deep !!

Maybe the too strong resemblance of her Kathir' mama whom she Hero worshipped with her Baran mama whom she liked very much now , instilled strange , unknown womanly thoughts within her .

She couldn't decipher !!!

She looked in awe at the way , Kathir looked at Mullai and smiled at her . Not to forget the response from her sister .

Something was definitely brewing within Mithra .

She opened her big eyes even more wide and looked at the couple .

Standing hand in hand , side by side with the huge garlands around their necks and the archathai rice grains mixed with rose petals smeared all over their heads , a new thick bright yellow rope adorning Mullai' s neck alongside her blushed face and Kathir s magnimous victorious smile , the newly wed couple were a treat to watch .

Little Mithra was drowning in an unknown feeling she hadn't experienced till then .

If Mullai looked like a grown up version of Mithra , Kathir looked like the manly version of the otherwise boyish Baran .

Without her knowledge she imagined herself in Mullai' s place and Baran in Kathir's .

An array of goosebumps ran all along her !!

By now Kathir and Mullai had got down from the stage and had neared the eldermost couple of that household .

Mr. Ranganathan and Mrs.Periyanayagi !!

Kathir : Engala bless pannunga thaatha . Paati , engalku viboothi poosi vidunga .

The elders were overwhelmed !

This wasn't at all the Kathirangan they knew !!

He was the same person who least cared about age old wedding rituals , during their rightful wedding last year .