KADHALUM ...KELVIYUM !

Again it was well past morning when Mullai woke up that day .

Her empty tummy screamed as hell once she woke up and every fibre of hers ached with pain.

The cramps alongside the sleeking velvety stickiness felt inbetween her limbs instantly explained it to her .

Her monthly cycle !!!

The pain was so unbearable .

With much efforts she tried to get up from her bed , simultaneously trying to recollect the happenings of the previous night .

She remembered she had severe dysmenorrhoea and a burning micturtion that made her  visit the wash room up and down . Along with a cracking pain _

Then ?

Just a blank dark space expanded within her field of vision .

She remembered nothing more than that .

Only when she tried to get down from her bed she noticed her IV line and the drip that was connected to it .

Not only that ,

She ...

She ...

She noticed something else too ,

This wasn't the dress she was wearing the previous night .

She was wearing only sarees even at night ;  these days , after shifting to his room .

She had never touched any one of the night dresses he had bought for her though she wore all the other sarees and salwars he had purchased .

There were two main reasons _

All the night dresses he had purchased  were too too expensive : she wasn't convinced to wear such expensive clothing just to sleep ,

Next and the main reason was _ they were  too too skimpy scanty clothes  and almost transparent fabric _with deep or wide cuts and maximum without sleeves .

She even wondered as to why he had bought such clothes for her ( coz all of them were stuff that would be worn by a honeymoon couple ! )

( Author : Payyapulla ...evlo vevarama vaangirukaan paaru ! )

She dare not wear such revealing clothes before him , though they all appeared classy and comfy .

Instead she had always wrapped herself with sarees even during sleep .

( Author : Awan athullaiyum , unnaiya paathutu than Pappu erukaan !)

Well now ,

Back _

Forgetting her pain and headache Mullai sat up straight in her bed and thought hard.

Mullai : mmaa ....valli uyir poguthaae ,
Pasikuthu vera ,

Hmm.....ithu ....ithu enna kaila drip laam potruku ?

Naan yepo inga vanthu paduthen ?

Suthama onum nyabagam illaiyaae .

Tchu ...she looked down at herself once more ,not believing what she was wearing then .

A thin lemon yellow , sleeveless chickengari night gown that stopped short at her knees itself .

It had a deep rectangular cut neck with intricately embroidered work all over along with small frills at both shoulders tied into a small bow _