4.22

Forty years later

    Both Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo have reached the age of courting their grandson. In recent years, although Xiao Zimo has done a good job in government affairs, the minister he offended when he was young has always suppressed him, which also led him to stay in the county. make this position.

    Fortunately, Xiao Zimo does not have the idea of ​​rising step by step. He has stayed in Puchang County for so many years and has deep feelings for everything here. The people here also love and respect him very much.

    He will be 60 years old in three months now, and he has reached the age of becoming a scholar. Xiao Zimo had already submitted his letter to the scholar half a month ago, and now he is just waiting for the approval. Someone will take over his official duties. He can be completely idle at home, and he will spend a lot of time with Brother Bai and the children in the future.

    Oh no, the children are all grown up and should have time to spend with the grandchildren.

.Wu Bai came over with a bowl of soup, placed it in front of him, and said warmly, "Are you still looking at the book?"

    "Well, I still have a few months to go to the doctor, and I want to classify all these things, so that when the next county magistrate comes, I won't be in a hurry. This is the last thing I do for the people! "

    "You're not too young, you can wait until tomorrow to see this. Looking at these things at night will hurt your eyes!" Wu Bai took the book from his hand and put it aside.

    "Drink up the soup tonight, or you won't sleep well at night." Wu Bai pushed the soup bowl in front of him.

    Xiao Zimo took it with a smile, drank it, and handed the bowl back to him.

    Wu Bai handed the bowl to Wanfeng, then walked behind Xiao Zimo and rubbed his shoulders.

    "Husband, it is my blessing to be able to marry you.Xiao Zimo turned around and held his hand.

    "You, I'm tired of hearing this sentence, can't you change it to something new?" Wu Bai said with a smile.

    "Then you can marry me, it's really my blessing." Xiao Zimo said another way.

    "Isn't that still the same meaning?" Wu Bai pushed him.

    The next day, Xiao Zimo woke up early and started sorting out the papers. Suddenly, a yamen came in and reported that there was an epidemic in the neighboring state.

    The former yamen have long since retired and replaced with new ones.

    However, these young yamen officers respect Xiao Zimo even more. After all, they have heard from adults how rare and good officials Xiao County Magistrate is since they were young. They will not talk about building bridges and paving roads for them. The most important thing is Xiao County Magistrate. Under the leadership of the husband and wife, their lives have undergone earth-shaking changes.

    "Is the news accurate?" .Xiao Zimo said sternly.

    The yamen nodded and said, "Accurately, I heard that the epidemic in the neighboring state capital is raging, and the city has been closed, but a few people still escaped from the city before the closure, and some even came to Puchang County."

    Xiao Zimo thought for a moment, and hurriedly ordered: "Now you call the Master to the front and back two city gates, and ask them to quickly close the city gates and not allow anyone to enter the city again."

    The yamen didn't have time to think about it, and immediately called a brother to do this with him.

    After he left, Xiao Zimo recruited the yamen again and asked them to buy food for storage, as well as some clothes and things to build a shed.