When the county magistrate took the people away, Xiao Zimo turned to Tan Tianyu and said, "I'm really thankful to Mr. Tan this time. I'll be the host another day, and I'll treat you to a drink."

    "Tan does not dare to take credit, but it is an honor for Tan to be invited by adults to drink. Tan is willing to wait for good news." Tan Tianyu replied with a smile on his face.

    After he finished speaking, he rode on the horse with a group of his men and turned to leave.

.However, as soon as he turned the horse's head, the smile on Tan Tianyu's face couldn't hold back, and suddenly collapsed.

    When he got home, Tan Tianyu lost his temper even more and broke a lot of good things. The anger in his heart could not be quelled, so he rode out the door alone and went to Xushan Village.

    Here, Xiao Zimo and the two helped Xiao's father and Xiao's mother from the carriage, and they were completely relieved when they saw the entrance of the county government.

    Mother Xiao saw that there was a strange little brother beside her son, and asked, "Son, who is this?"

    Xiao Zimo replied: "Mother, this is the person who beat down the bandits and saved our lives just now. His name is..."

    "My name is Wu Bai, Auntie, you can just call me Brother Bai." Wu Bai quickly took over the conversation and introduced himself.

.Hearing his son said that it was such a thin and slender brother who rescued them, Xiao's father and Xiao's mother couldn't believe it.

    He still followed Xiao Zimo to testify with the coachman in the same carriage, saying that Wu Bai's whip was very good, and he could knock down several bandits with a single whip. Then, the coachman pointed at the rattan whip wrapped around Wu Bai's waist. .

    Only then did the old couple dare to believe that Wu Bai, the little brother, really saved their lives, saying thank you again and again.

    "No thanks, no thanks." Wu Bai was embarrassed by the thanks and waved his hand.

    Seeing Wu Bai's embarrassment, Xiao Zimo quickly changed the subject: "Okay, father, mother, it's getting late, let's hurry in, pack our things, and settle down as soon as possible."

    "Yes, yes, we know." The two replied.

.So their group, including the two coachmen, started to carry things and luggage from the back of the carriage.

    Wu Bai was not easy to watch, and also stepped forward to help them move things together.

    It just so happened that the group of yamen detainees came back, and when they saw them moving things, they hurried over to help with the move. There were so many people and great strength. They moved everything into the backyard of the yamen in one trip. Of course, this was also because their things were originally For less reason.

    Xiao Zimo was a peasant in his life. He studied hard for the imperial examinations, and finally got into the jinshi. Before he had time to take the imperial examination, he was retaliated by the other party and was directly assigned by the Ministry of Personnel because he refused to capture his son-in-law from a minister in the court. Go to Puchang County to be the magistrate.

.Fortunately, the reason why Xiao Zimo worked so hard to take the imperial examination was just to hope that his parents would have a good life. Although he is now a county magistrate, he can still make his parents have a good life without having to plan food in the field, so Xiao Zimo has no regrets. , An Xin brought her parents to Puchang County.