47. The People I Love

"KEEP UP DUNCE FACE!" Bakugo yelled, "if you wanna help then don't lag behind!"

"I'm trying! I can't fly like you, Todoroki or Sero!"

After exiting the train from Saitama to Hosu, the group dashed to the villain hideout instructed by Bakugo. The sun was long gone and even the moon hid away among the clouds, leaving the sky darker and lonelier.

Bakugo, Todoroki, and Sero hurried ahead and Kaminari, Mina, and Kirishima tried their best to keep up. Everyone's mind had Katsumi stuck in it. They weren't as worried about whether she'd be safe or what she would eat. They were concerned about the fact that Katsumi may end up creating a big mess if she encounters Dabi. Of course, Dabi had that well-deserved punch coming and Katsumi was capable enough to give him a hard time. But Dabi was a villain. He'd go to lengths to hurt her.

Bakugo was having a harder time than others. He was far more pissed and worried for her. How could she have left without thinking of the consequences? Or how could she have left without telling him? It wasn't like Bakugo would hesitate to tag along. But she chose to go alone. That idiot.

On the other side of the town, on a lonely street, a building already in shambles awaited its further destruction.

Katsumi had just burst through the window and landed on the floor. The place was as silent as a grave. It was exactly as Katsumi had faintly remembered. Those blurry images of that unforgettable night were engraved in her mind deeply. Slowly, as she moved her head, her eyes captured the revolting ruin of the room, the fear and anxiety kicked back in.

Her mouth ran dry, her throat closed in. Suddenly the silence felt too loud, so loud that she couldn't hear her thoughts. Her heart thumped hard, she felt it would break out of her chest. Her shivering hands balled up in a fist as clutched her t-shirt tightly.

I need to calm down. She remembered Dr. Sharma, her therapist's words, helping her to calm down. One breath, two breath, three breath. Long pause. Four breath, five breath-

"I've been waiting."

As soon as she had managed to slow her heart down, a sudden voice made her jump. She turned hastily and saw the face of the person she had loathed the most.

"I must say, I didn't expect to see you so soon."

Katsumi didn't reply. All her fear, her uneasiness simply turned into rage. Upon seeing Dabi's face, she forgot all of her sanity and rationality.

"I figured after beating that birdy to death, you'd wait till he dies pathetically then come for me."

Dabi chortled as he moved forward. Every step he took, every breath his nose gathered in, Katsumi watched it all in an excruciatingly slow manner. Dabi's smirk didn't waver for a second as he continued walking toward her.

"By the time we're done," Dabi continued, stopping right in front of her, "your brother and you will be dead. At the same time. So, I hope you don't regret coming here."

Katsumi hadn't replied yet. Her blue eyes, identical to his, simply stared at him for the longest time before Dabi broke the compulsion.

"What? Trying to kill me with only looks? I thought you were here to fight."

"I'm not interested in fighting fake people," after the words escaped her mouth, a hard, powerful punch landed on Dabi's stomach causing him to stumble backward.

As Katsumi had said, the Dabi in front of her turned out to be a fake. He melted into a goopy, muddy mess on the floor.

Katsumi's heart began racing again. The adrenaline rush through her body made her feel lighter and extremely energetic.