18. Kiri's Birthday

H̶o̶t̶s̶h̶o̶t̶ P̶o̶r̶c̶u̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶k̶i̶    Bakugo,

I don't know what I'm doing; I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I never in a million years would have guessed what you just said to me.

But I guess, I'm just as airheaded and oblivious as the dumb blondes in the movies.

My mind is blank as I'm staring onto this piece of paper, processing everything. I don't even know if I'm going to give this to you.

I want you to know one thing. I do regret what happened. I never intended to make out with the person I care about the most and leave them hanging.

I'm sorry for using you. You can choose not to forgive me... you can choose to hate me. I deserve that.

But I hope you know, the nights you've helped me, the times you've comforted me, and the efforts you've put into making me feel better about my shitty self have been the best and worst times of my life. I would give anything to make those memories disappear but never the words you've said to me. I'm not happy you had to see me in my vulnerable phases but I'm glad that it was you and no one else...

I'm not sure how I'm going to face you tomorrow. I hope you know, I don't think any less of you. You're still my rival. You're still the person I care about the most. You're still the one I'm running to. (that is if you take me)

You're still the person I wanna fight with.

Thank you for everything, and please don't worry about anything. Nothing has changed.

~Katsumi or whatever the next nickname you choose for me.

When Katsumi woke up the next day, she carefully avoided every human she encountered. She made her breakfast when there was no one and rushed to the class awfully early.

Little did she know Bakugo had the same plan.

She froze at the door as their eyes met. Bakugo turned hastily and Katsumi walked to her desk. Luckily they sat in separate rows.

The next ones to enter the class were Mina and Kirishima.

"Ooof, awkward..." Mina whispered but loud enough for Katsumi to hear.

Kirishima jogged to Bakugo's desk and talked to him about the training. He knew asking him about last night would end in a lethal injury to himself. He didn't know much either. He was asleep when he heard yelling and only heard Bakugo asking if Katsumi regretted kissing him and the conversation later.

Kirishima knew Bakugo liked Katsumi but love and to this degree? He didn't know.

Not him, even Bakugo himself wasn't aware of his own emotions. The previous night was a blur. He didn't remember anything past Katsumi leaving his room. If someone asked when Kirishima and the morning came, he wouldn't be able to answer.

The class proceeded as usual without them speaking or looking at each other. During training for the license exam, Katsumi was working on her special move.

Bakugo watched her for a while flying around, dodging and slicing boulders thrown at her by Sato. It was the first time he'd seen her in her costume. A simple black backless top and shorts, it wasn't flashy but God, she looked gorgeous. He hated himself for putting her in that position. He regretted confessing to her when he obviously knew she didn't feel the same way.

Sighing, he went to practice on his own.

For Katsumi, the training wasn't going well. Although she couldn't increase the time limit of paralyzing the person, she managed to increase the shooting range like Mina. She worked on hardening her wings and was able to cut rocks with her wings alone. But that was not enough to be called a special move.