14

"Wh-what do you mean? Forcefully mark me?" I ask as I pull away slightly while Max closes his eyes before looking at me. "Before I tell you that I need to explain what marking is. " He says as I nod. "But not here, let's go to my office." He adds as he takes my hand again and leads me back to the house and up to where his office is. After we reach the office he shuts the door and turns to me. "No one will hear our conversation in here." He says as he walks to the desk and sits on it. I walk closer until he grabs my waist and pulls me into him smelling my hair. Confused about to ask what he's doing before he starts talking. "It calms me and my wolf." He says.

After a moment of silence, he pulls away and begins explaining. "In short terms it's when your mate bites you on your neck." He says simply as I look at him like he's crazy.

Bite me?! "I'm going to need you to elaborate more." I say as he chuckles before nodding. " When two wolves are mates they do what is called marking and it's simply called that because when we bite our mates our scent is embedded and mixed with their mates so every wolf knows you have a mate. It is only completed fully when we mate. In other words-"

"We have sex yeah I know that part." I say so abruptly I blush with embarrassment as he laughs. "At least Maddison told you that part." He laughs before growing silent. "So when you say Cedric was going to-" Max cuts me off with a growl. "He was going to force the mark onto you when you are not meant to bear his but MY mark." I lean over and kiss him softly to calm down which seems to work as he pulls away. "Does it hurt?" I whisper as I fear the answer.

He stares at me for a moment before sighing again. "I won't lie to you. It will at first but then it's supposed to be a good feeling after." He tells me as I look at cautiously. "Supposed to be?" i ask playfully as he laughs again. "So I've heard."

I stare at the man in front of me for a minute as I muddle through my thoughts. I want to be his. Fully. I don't want anyone to ever take me away from him. "Mark me." I say as he looks at me confused. "But-"

"Mark me Max. I'm ready. I want everyone to know I'm yours and I don't want Cedric to try anything like that again." I say to him as he looks like he's thinking over what I said. I wasn't going to say it so soon, but I feel like it's the right time. "I love you, my beast. Mark me please." I say as his eyes widen before pulls me into a kiss. After a bit he pulls away. "I love you too, my Belle." He whispers as he pulls me into another kiss. He grabs my legs and pulls me up with him as he stands before walking around the desk and sitting in his chair pulling me onto his lap. He soon breaks the kiss and begins kissing down my neck like before, nipping at the skin with his teeth before they sink in causing me to grip his shoulders eliciting a gasp from me.

He was right it does hurt but as soon as the pain hit it disappeared and is replaced with a much better feeling. After a moment I can feel his teeth retract from my skin as he leaves a kiss on the mark sending shivers down my spine and kisses his way back up to my lips before pulling away. "I love you so much, but I know your not ready for the next step and especially not here." He says as I laugh and nod my head.

He's right. I want our first time to be more special than this. "So how about that date?" He asks as I giggle and get off his lap before running to the door. "Where are you going?" He asks bewildered. "Well duh! I have to go get Maddison to help me get ready." I say as I run to her room leaving his laughter behind. I really hope her and Jay aren't going at it in there.

I reach her door and thank the gods that it's just her. "Where did you disappear to today?" She asks as I enter room startling me. "Well hello to you to." I say as she gets up from her bed. "Don't change the subject. You and Max both disappeared after lunch today and I got-" She stops suddenly her eyes widen. "HE MARKED YOU?!" She screams as my hands fly to my ears. "Yes it's a long story though." I say as she nods for me to tell it.

After explaining the story, Mads is to say the least angry with Cedric. "I can't believe he would do that! I mean I can but I can't!" She says. "I'm okay Max stopped him and then he explained the whole marking ordeal and I told him I wanted him to and that I loved him." I say instantly regretting saying the last part as she squeals like a pig. "That's so sweet!" She says. "Yes yes now can you help me get ready for my date?" I ask as she nods eagerly before getting to work.

After a long and torturous two hours I was finally ready for my date with Max. Somehow Mady was able to find a nice-looking outfit in her closet of outrageous clothes that suited me well enough. She also had painted my face in light layer of makeup and curled my hair.

Looking at myself in the mirror I give my best friend a grateful smile before fully turning to her. "Mads thank you. I look amazing." I say as she chuckles to herself. "Well duh! I dressed you." She says as I laugh before we hear a knock on her bedroom door. Curiously I walk to it and open it to find Max standing there with a couple roses. "Max what are you doing?" I ask in between my laughter as he gives me a smile before his eyes start wandering all around my body, taking me in. "Wow Belle. You look beautiful." He says as I blush before taking the roses from him and giving them to Mady. He holds out his hand for me to take as I smile and take it. "So where are going?" I ask as he guides us down the stairs and out to his car. "It's a surprise." He says as he gets in and starts driving.

The drive to where is silent but comfortable. I watch out the window as we drive through the town and admire the sky and the trees before suddenly Max stops the car. Looking around I notice we're parked at a pet store as I glance at him. "Why are we here? Neither one of us has a pet." I say as he just stays silent before getting out and coming to my side letting me out as well. Taking my hand in his he walks us into the store as I grow more confused by the second before he leads me to the area of the store where they keep adoptable pets.

"Max what's going on? Why are we here?" I ask again as he doesn't give me an answer. Soon a lady walks out with a puppy in her arms and approaches us before placing the dog in my arms with a smile and walking away. "Max, tell me what is going on now." I say as I subconsciously cuddle the puppy closer. "I told you I would make it up to you and this is a small piece of that. I adopted this little one in your name so he's yours." He says as I look up to him shocked.

"Max this is...I-what breed is he?" I ask as he chuckles slightly at my jumbled words. "He is a black mountain cur and he doesn't have a name it and seeing as he's your dog now, you should name him." He says as I laugh before thinking for a bit before the perfect name hits me.

"Jack. His name is Jack." I say as Max smiles before nodding. "It's perfect. Like you." He says as I give him a smile before we start getting all the stuff I would need for Jack.

This wasn't your normal date with a boyfriend, but it was perfect and more to me.