𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

47 | ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴀʀʏᴇɴ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀

      𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄, 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐈𝐓. The tide crashed upon the shore, leaving the fresh smell of the sea in its wake. Malaeya understood now why the island was called a place of salt and smoke. When she navigated Rhaela farther into the mist, she could see the crests of what looked like a sleeping smoking mountain in the distance. 

      The island was the perfect spot for dragons to live, so she understood why Rhaela and Rhaegon had gotten riled up the moment they approached it. It was as if they could feel the ties their species had to the land. Perhaps they could. 

      She also noticed two more dragons in the mist, flying above the castle towers. Their cream and black scales shone in the rising sun, and their screeches resembled her own dragons. The black one was the size of Rhaela, and the cream one of Rhaegon. 

      She saw tents dotted on the sands and valleys of mountains, with foreign soldiers in animal skin garbs and more with black leather and helmets on their heads. Her eyes landed on a nearby fishing village in the distance, where people seemingly the size of small animals walked about.

      She saw the large Targaryen sigil engraved onto the castle, and she also saw how long of a walk it was from the castle walls to the Great Doors, and she'd almost decided to land her dragons in the courtyard. But alas, she decided against it. 

      She directed her great reptile down to the shores, where their boats were docking, and braced for a soft impact. Robb had fallen asleep against her shoulders multiple times throughout the journey, but Jon had kept her great company. 

      He was just as excited as she had been her first time seeing the world from a god's point of view. He'd said it felt like a home that he'd never knew he had. 

      Rhaela's claws sank into the sand, wobbling all of their bodies for a moment as she stilled. 

      "Woah," Jon shook his head. "Dizzy." He kept his words simple.

      Sea mist spayed her face and Malaeya gave a chuckle, feeling Robb lift from her shoulder blades as she began to unbuckle their saddle straps. "Come on, lazy." She stood, finding her balance on her dragons back. "We're here."

      Robb helped his brother down, the scales until all of their feet were in the sand, and Rhaela's wings blew their hair as she flapped her wings and soared towards the siblings that she'd never met. Rhaegon's emerald scales followed her closely, allowing Viserys and Arianne to come into view again.