𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

12 | ꜱᴛᴀʀ-ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴇᴅ Qᴜᴀʀʀᴇʟ

𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁

      "𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄." Malaeya spoke to Robb as they walked their pets around the castle walls. 

      Robb glanced over at her. "She may just be busy."

      "No," the Lannister rolled her cloudy eyes. "She knows that I wanted to have a serious emotional conversation with her so she's avoiding me. Either that or she's angry at me because I distanced myself. But I didn't mean to."

      Robb wondered if this was what it would be like to have a wife. Having to listen to small things that seemed huge to her. It was becoming more and more normal to him each day. And so was she. Although his mother wouldn't approve of that. She was convinced that the Lannisters had harmed his brother, and he couldn't deny that. And though he didn't believe Malaeya played any part in it, he doubted that she would choose his family over hers just yet. 

      "Well, she's your handmaiden. Just summon her to your chambers and she'll be forced to come." Robb knew that he'd said the wrong thing when she glared at him. "What?" he questioned. 

      Malaeya shook her head. "She's my sister. I can't summon her to my chambers like some servant and take her free will away. I can't decide if I should seek her out, or give her space and wait for her to come to me."

      Robb looked back ahead at their frolicking animals. It still surprised him that they got along. A wolf and a lion. "You said this is all about you not spending time with her and her feeling unimportant, right?" his lady nodded. "Well, then why don't you do something for her that shows you care and that she is important. When you're done, bring it to her."

      Malaeya hummed. "That's actually not a bad idea."

      Robb couldn't help but to let out a small laugh. "Well, I do try." he had to admit, he had been adamant about not liking Malaeya, even as a friend. But it was hard not to when they spent every day around each other, and she wasn't a displeasing person to be around. He wondered if she would still be as pleasant when she found out that his mother had ridden south to accuse her family and that he hadn't told her. Probably not. 

      "What do you think my father may be keeping from me about my mother?" Malaeya kept up pace with him as she asked her question. 

      Robb hadn't expected his opinion on such a matter to hold any value for her, and he had absolutely no idea what to say. So, he did what he did best. Resorted to joking to ease awkward tension. "Maybe your true mother's Queen Cersei."