𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

20 | ᴀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ'ꜱ ꜰᴏᴏʟɪꜱʜɴᴇꜱꜱ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀
NEAR OXCROSS

         𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏. When night fell, they'd be at Oxcross. Malaeya had sat out every battle along the way, but now, she couldn't anymore. She'd chosen a side, and she wouldn't just sit by like a stereotypical maid anymore. But that didn't mean that she wasn't afraid. 

      It was a battle, in a war. She could die. Robb could die. Anyone could die at any moment. And She was only sixteen - just now budding seventeen. She didn't want to die.

      She hadn't told Robb of her plans just yet. She knew he wouldn't like it, but he'd just have to accept it.

      Malaeya continued to read from her book the best that she could through her shaking hand, and her other hand threaded through the auburn locks of Robb's head. She was laying on his bed, and his head was on her chest. 

      She was sure that he could hear her erratic heartbeat and feel her trembling hands. But if he could, he was too tired to address it. He needed his sleep before the battle. The entire camp did. So, even though it was only noon, the entire camp was silent as a crypt.

      Star and Grey Wind slumbered next to each other in a corner as well. 

      After a few more moments, Robb's hand grabbed the one in his head, stilling it as he kept his eyes closed. "Let's play a game."

         Malaeya glanced from her book and to him. His eyes were still closed, as they had been for well over an hour, but he still wasn't asleep. She figured that he couldn't sleep before a battle. "What game?"

      "It doesn't have a name," he said, sitting up. 

      "How do the rules work?" She placed her book down onto his bedside table.

      "I ask you a question, and you have to answer it truthfully. If you don't then you have to remove a piece of clothing."

      Malaeya smiled a bit. She had no problem answering honestly, and for what she knew, he didn't either. But that didn't mean that she wouldn't try to get him. "Okay," she said, sitting crisscross-applesauce across from him. "We can call it Daor Pirtra." It had the same rules, just with a different twist.

      "Daor Pirtra," Robb said, the foreign words fighting to leaving his mouth.

      "It means 'no lies' in Valyrian."