𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

11 | ᴡʀᴀɪᴛʜꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐒
VAES DOTHRAK

      "𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓? I hope that wasn't my horse." Viserys looked on in a mix of horror and amazement as his younger sister chewed through a raw stallion heart. The loud cheering and chanting was almost too much for his ears to bear in the small communal tent.

      "She's doing well," Ser Jorah said. But his words were not enough to persuade the Targaryen.

      "She'll never keep it down." his sister kept eating. "Tell me what she's saying," he instructed Jorah. 

      Jorah leaned over to his ear. "The prince is riding. I have heard the thunder of the hooves. Swift as the wind he rides. His enemies will cower before him... and their wives will weep tears of blood."

      The cheering and chanting intensified as Viserys looked on in shock.

      "She's going to have a boy."

      Now, Viserys felt attacked. Now, he felt robbed. "He won't be a real Targaryen." he shook his head. "He won't be a true dragon." Daenery's son would have tainted blood. It wouldn't have the true blood of Old Valyria as it would had she married him instead. 

      Viserys never could explain the hatred and the anger that he held towards his youngest sister. Perhaps it was because she'd killed their mother when they needed her most, and in doing so, taken his childhood away from him as he was now responsible for her. Or perhaps it was because she got to live safe and soundly, while their sister had been slaughtered. 

      She got to be cheered on by an entire Khalasar of people who loved her whilst his darling sister lie only gods know where. Probably burned to ash or fed to someone's hounds. She certainly hadn't gotten a proper ceremony, that's for certain. Though if he remembered correctly, Targaryens were cremated. He wasn't sure. It was all distant memories for him. Flashes of things he couldn't be certain were true unless someone else confirmed it for him.

       "The stallion who mounts the world. The stallion is the khal of khals. He shall unite the people into a single khalasar. All the people of the world will be his herd."

      The people in the room began chanting, "Rhaego! Rhaego!" As the chanting grew louder and louder, Drogo stood up and walked up to Daenerys. Viserys watched in jealousy. "They love her." Viserys couldn't ever remembering having that type of love. No one had ever cheered his name and sent prayers for his health. They already loved his tainted nephew more than him. 

      Jorah nodded. "She truly is a queen today"

      Viserys could no longer bear to watch as the Dothraki licked his sister's boots. He shook his head and stormed off. The sun beat down on his face as his breathing picked up, until his chest heaved in erratic breaths, and he had found his way into his sister's tent. He let out a yell and knocked over a container of gold.