𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

13 | ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟᴀɴɴɪꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ

𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐈
KING'S LANDING

      𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄. She was an angry woman. But never before had she felt such anger as she did when she heard that Ned Stark had fought her brother, in the streets for everyone to see, moments after his wife had taken the other hostage. 

      She didn't care about the little gremlin that was her youngest baby brother, but she did care about the message he had allowed to be sent by being captured. He had made them look weak, and a lion cold not look weak. For the lion would beat the wolf, every single time. 

      "Do you know what your wife has done?" she asked the Stark man.

      Ned looked back at her, unwavered. "She did nothing that I did not command."

      "Who'd have thought she had it in her?"

      Cersei glared at her retched husband. Of course, he would find it entertaining. He had no common sense to recognize that a move against her family was a move against him, and certainly no spine to do anything about it if he had. "By what right dare you lay hands on my blood?" she addressed Ned again instead of speaking to Robert. 

      "I am the King's hand-"

      "You were the king's hand!" she would hear nothing of it. "For all we know your boy could have my niece in chains. You shall now be held accountable!"

      Ned shook his sweaty head. "I would never harm an innocent child. That's where Starks and Lannisters differ."

      Cersei favored her niece now, as her eyes turned hard with calm fury. "How dare you insult-"

      "Oh, will both of you shut your mouths? Catelyn will release Tyrion and you'll make your peace with Jaime. Malaeya will stay in the North where she belongs, and she will marry Robb before the end of the year." Robert seemed to be playing mediator. To Cersei, that was worse than being silent. 

      "He butchered my men."

      Cersei had spoken to her brother, and she knew that what Ned said was true. But then again, it wasn't. Because the truth was whatever she said the truth was. "Lord Stark was returning drunk from a brothel when his men attacked Jaime." A lie, and the truth.