𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

22 | Qᴜᴇᴇɴ ʀᴇɢᴇɴᴛ

𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐈
KING'S LANDING

      "𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄." 

      Cersei's right eyebrow lifted as her father scolded her. She tried to seem unaffected, but in truth, no one could make her feel as powerless, or as little as her father could. "I am just as clever as any man. If you would realize that, then maybe we could put an end to this war."

      Tywin scoffed. "When I last left this shit city, you were the Queen Consort of the Seven Kingdoms, the third most powerful person in the entire realm."

      Cersei's long bellbottomed sleeves flowed around her arms as she clasped her hands. "And now I am Queen Regent, the most powerful person in the realm."

      Tywin tilted his head, looking at her as if she were an arrogant child. No matter how hard she tried, her father would never be satisfied. "Second." he corrected her. "If you think Joffrey will truly allow you to rule, then you are even less clever than I thought you were."

      She let out a long, tired sigh. "First, second, what does it matter? It's more than what you left me with."

      "I left you with seven kingdoms and more power than a woman could ever hope to hold. And in your pride and greed, you've managed to let two of them slip from your grasps and have allowed your petulant son to walk over you like a pile of horse dung."

      "You let him cut the head off of Ned Stark, and now that his son and the entire North has risen up against us, you've lost one of two of our valuable hostages. So, remind me again why I should heed any advice from you that doesn't pertain to making another heir?"

      "That's all you seem good for apparently. Though, raising them is a different story. Joffrey's too conceited for his own good, Tommen's too weak to be a prince. Myrcella has been shipped off to Dorne to attain our fifth kingdom, and that's thanks to Tyrion of all people. Though he tells me you tried to stop that from happening."

      Cersei's jaw clenched in anger as he spoke ill of her children. It was clear that her father wasn't interested in anything that she had to say, so she wouldn't waste her breath. He was only interested in berating her. "What about Jaime?" she asked, changing the subject. "What are we doing to get him back?"