𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

40 | ᴀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ'ꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐈

      𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓. The red of it sweeter than any kiss, the consistency of it on her tongue softer than any touch. It didn't ask questions or make her feel guilty about her thoughts and actions. It didn't whisper to her that the girl she was hurting was her niece. That the girl she had tortured may be her daughter. 

      It simply made her feel good. As did the blonde figure in her bed. He almost reminded her of Jaime. Almost

      Cersei averted her green eyes from Airik and back to the window of her chamber in Maegor's Holdfast, overlooking the red roofs of the city. She remembered giving birth for the first time at seventeen in the very room she sat in now. She'd married the old fat, but then young and strong, king at sixteen, and he'd quickly gotten her pregnant. 

      Twins, she'd had. Both with heads of hickory, one with a single Mallen streak of gold at the back of her head. 

      She couldn't bear to hold them in her arms, but she also could not bear to kill them. So, she'd given them straight to the midwife and told her to do as she would. Robert hadn't known. He hadn't come to the birthing. It was only her, Jaime, and the midwife, whom she'd had killed, to ensure her secret.

      As far as her children, well, she had no idea if they'd lived or died. She hadn't wanted to.

      Even so, the thought of them always haunted her, and the guilt of her actions more so than not nipped at her neck. Whenever it did, she thought of her three golden children, and it was enough to distract her. But when she was alone, she thought of them. 

      Especially when she looked at Malaeya. She couldn't fathom how Jaime could have kept the child when it wasn't her own. She didn't understand until she came to the conclusion that he had loved whomever Malaeya's mother was, and that hurt even worse. She'd given up her children because she couldn't raise kids that weren't his, and he'd loved another. 

      Cersei had never loved man other than her brother. 

      And now, her strange niece had spouted words that no one in the entire Seven Kingdoms should have known about. No one but her and Jaime. It made her wonder if Jaime had shared such secrets with her.