𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

~͓̽~͓̽~

~͓̽~͓̽~

33 |ꜱᴋᴀɢɢꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍꜱ

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀

      𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐒𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌. Her Septa would have said they'd ridden down on the winds of winter, after fornicating with The Others. 

      That was a common superstition amongst those on the mainland of Westeros. 

      'The barbaric Skaggs lie with death and had gained abominable abilities from its ice-cold kiss.'

      Malaeya knew better than to listen rumors and superstitions. But the way the wind blew, chilling her once hot body to the bone, was enough to make her wonder.

      There had never been snow in Dorne. Not once in recorded history. 

      Malaeya herself had spent a month and a week in Dorne, and the weather had never gone below sheer-cloth wearing temperature. It was always sunny, and always hot. A perfect paradise. 

      And yet, upon the arrival of the mysterious Skagosi, the sky loomed with rain clouds, and the air had gotten cold enough to freeze any body of water smaller and calmer than a sea.

      She got chills at the thought and glanced straight ahead. 

      Hundreds of row boats bobbed along the surface of the waves, and women and men alike hopped from them, dragging them to the shore. The ships were farther out, anchored into the sand beneath the waves, and masts lowered. They were there to stay. 

      Malaeya prayed that she had done the right thing, and not allowed an army of rapers and raiders to invade the continent from the southernmost kingdom and up. 

      Malaeya shivered as the wind blew through her silk dress. She had not been prepared for the cold. None of them had. 

      Sooner rather than later, a group of three stood before her, the sigils of their houses embroidered onto their loose clothing. An odd sight for people from Skagos. She'd figure they would have been donned in all the wolf and polar bear pelts that they could gather. 

      Malaeya smiled at them. "Thank you for traveling so far," she greeted them, trying to ease the tension. "The realm will owe you all an unpayable debt when the war is won." She had taken it upon herself to greet them. Afterall, it was she who had brought up the idea of summoning them, so in a way, she felt responsible for them.

      The three Skagosi, one middle aged man and two young women - all blonde haired and blue eyed, likely a Skagosi trait - glanced at one another, before one of the latter spoke. Malaeya presumed she was the monarch.