The Emperor's Secret - Part One

Day One - Secret

Day Two - "We talked about this"

Warnings and Author's Note: 

I've been watching chinese historical dramas and this is a fic inspired by that them so a lot of slow burn, pain, drama and angst to be expected. A certain amount of a-holeness and subserviency related to that era are to be expected. Also, it might be all over the place haha. None of the places and not all of the regulations / rules are real, I'm just here to satisfy my need for drama. :D Come ask me anything if you're unsure!

This story will also contain Mpreg (or at least that is the plan until I decide otherwise.)

~***~

"How much would that one cost?"

The head of the brothel came sashaying almost immediately, her voice cackling at an abnormally high pitched tone that pierced the ears.

"Who is the good sir referring to? Juan is our most popular courtesan in the house, she will come at a high cost." The head practically screeched, excited that a windfall may soon come her way.

"Not her. Him."

"The musician sir? Whatever would you want a lowly musician for sir? Juan is capable of playing the guqin as well as any musician and she is also well versed in bed. She would be a much be-"

"How much?"

"A thousand silver taels." The head of the brothel answered confidently, sure that the nobleman would give up wanting the musician with such an exorbitant price tag.

Instead, the noble nodded at his attendant who pulled the head aside, producing a couple of bank notes for a thousand taels. "We will take him with us tonight."

The head of the brothel nodded in glee, examining every note for fraudulency. "We will make sure he is ready for the good sir in an hour." She answered absentmindedly. The deal had been better than she could ever expect. Sure the musician was almost as beautiful as the girls she had in her house but he was a man after all, a mere pretty face. There was no history of anyone wanting to buy out a musician.

~***~

Arthit stood nervously at the front of the brothel, his guqin and belongings strapped to his back. He shuffled his feet back and forth, both from nerves and the cold. He didn't have clothing for travelling in the cold weather. He rubbed his hands together and breathed on them, hoping to warm them up.

Having been birthed by a courtesan, he had spent his entire life in the brothel and knew nothing else of it. He had been educated by the ladies well in the arts of poetry, chess, and even all the musical instruments but was doomed to a life of a lowly servant. He was no less talented than any other man born to a noble family, but such was life.

Now that he was leaving the brothel and the only life he had, he didn't know what to expect. He didn't know what kind of person his new master was, what he wanted from him, how he was expected to serve him. There were too many unknown factors, too many things he knew not of.

Just as he was mulling over how things were going to be from here on out, a warm cloak was dropped upon his shoulders. A handsome face appeared before him, tying the cloak securely down.

"Why didn't you wear something thicker?"

Bowing his head again, Arthit answered, "This is the thickest I have sir. I have never left the courtyard before."