Chapter 14: New sights (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

1st Officer Leela Lin pulled Kyle and consequently Lillia through the mirth of people. Those that saw them widened their eyes, mostly at Kyle. The boy himself was beginning to feel anxious. It was one thing to record lines in the enclosed studio but here on the hill with so many people, a small amount of regret was pouring into his chest.

"Kyle let me officially introduce you to Sir Devro," the 1st Officer brought them before a somewhat tubby man. His bolding head and small eyes gave him a shifty appearance but they were small in comparison to the man's insightful gaze.

"Devro is just fine," the man released a wide smile. "A pleasure to meet you in person Kyle. It feels like I know you quite well despite this being our first conversation."

Kyle shook his hand feeling a strange degree of familiarity with his name, "Nice to meet you."

"Devro is the director who's been working with us to create your material," Leela explained. "He decided to come personally after hearing your plan."

Lillia suddenly gasped, "Wait you're Dilly Devro the director!? I've watched all your movies." Kyle had to keep his expression neutral as he discovered who the man was. Out of all the directors that Tai admired, Mr Devro was his favourite. The sudden thought of Tai caused his heart to lurch uncomfortably especially as he was now in a position that the now gone boy would have loved to be in.

Oblivious to Kyle's internal guilt the man humbly laughed, "Thank you kindly miss. And you are?"

"Special Officer Lillia, I'm here on duty to make sure nothing happens to Petty Officer Barker."

"Ah of course," the director looked around at the other knights and finally rested his eyes on Kyle. "Demons are one thing but I also heard about your rather... personal experience. It was a relief to hear you came back to us in one piece." He smiled warmly.

"R-right...," Kyle could only nod along.

1st Officer Leela who sensed the awkward rift pushed on, "Now that Kyle is here shall we get started?"

"A-already?" Kyle blinked.

"Of course," Devro rubbed his hands. "We've got everything set up just over there. I'll hand you some points we'd like you to say but aside from that, like usual just say what's in your heart. I know this all can be a bit unnerving but please try your best."

"In the meantime put these on," Leela handed him a neatly folded set of clothes. They were very similar to the uniform he was wearing now but the fabric was clearly of better quality and some additional adornments had been added.

Lillia couldn't help giggle at his reluctance, "You bought this on yourself so don't back down now."

Kyle let out a dry laugh. Even with the sun set it looked like he wouldn't be getting to sleep anytime soon.

*

Kyle fell onto his mattress more tired than he thought possible. For what he did and how he felt now, he would never have guessed how much strain it would be. Even comparing it to Maila's training would be fair. Surprisingly however everything had gone well. At first he had trouble getting his words out but as he looked down at the incursion sight and saw the members of the Hero's Guard working their hardest, like Mr Devro had told him, the words poured from his heart. From why they were here and what was happening, to the reasons behind it. They shifted location and shot again and again showing a scarily good capability to move around quickly and in the morning they were going to head to the actual sight and get a close up look. At points he felt like he just wanted to stop and rest only to catch Lillia looking at him in admiration. The thing was she wasn't alone as the filming crew and members of the Hero's Guard did the same. It just went to show how important his job was to everyone.