Neeyum Nanum~2

"anikki thirumbi paakama vanthavan than" Ashwin finished.

"Pahhh what a story! Ithelam nee enta sonathuku badhila poi edha director ta sonna padama eduthu award eh vangiruvapla partner" Sarath commented.

"Kozhupu da unaku! En love story ah paatha film katha mathri iruka" Ashwin chided.

"Ada illa partner, chumma sonen. Seri reunion ku thangachi varuvala?" Sarath asked.

"Varuva. Varanum"

Ashwin stood looking outside the window. "Partner!" Sarath's sudden cry jerked him. "dei naaye en da kathura?" rakshan glared rubbing his ears.

"Illa macha, oruvela thangachi ku kalyanam airuntha-?" Sarath asked making Ashwin bewildered and Rakshan furious.

"Enda paithiyakara, en thangachi kalyanam na enna lam koopdamaya pannuva?" Rakshan hit him and Ashwin relaxed.

"Seri, kalyanam irukatum. Love panitu iruntha?" He added making Ashwin restless again. "Macha-" he panicked and Rakshan calmed him down, "unaku than theriyum la ivana pathi Avan solratha lam kekatha da"

But sarath was right. It didn't have to be the same for her. What if she actually had someone else in her life? Would he be able to see her with another guy? All these thoughts made Ashwin exhausted.

It kindled all the missings and nostalgia in him. He got reminded of the day they both were talking about their relationship after school.

"School mudichaprm we have to take different paths. Apo enna panuvom Sivaangi maa?" He asked, whilst they were having a conversation about life, love, relationship.

"Why do we love so much when we know we're going to lose them anyway Ashwin?"  She asked.

"Because we know our love isn't just going to be lost in thin air, it will be lost in our memories, those we cherish forever. That's why" He replied calmly.

"And we know that whatever is meant to be ours, will come back to us if destined one way or the other even not the way we expect" She finished.

And that's how they decided to part ways after school, and leave the rest to the universe.

"Taking the decision wasn't as much as hard as letting you go ma" He thought.

"Enna macha, autograph padam cheran sir mathri oru flashback poitu vantha pola, nyabagam varuthe nyabagam varuthe" Rakshan teased.

Ashwin just fake smiled in response.

"Seri partner, ipo enna Panna pora?" Sarath asked.

"16th April" he muttered.

"Hein?" Sarath and Rakshan cooed cluelessly.

"Nanga intha decision eduthapo mudivu panna date. Oruvela, nanga thirumba onnu seranum nu Kadavul setting panirnthalum seri, nanga move on airunthalum seri, 2025 April 16th namma school ku varanum nu pesikutom" Ashwin explained.

"April 16th na..naalaiku da!" Rakshan exclaimed making Ashwin nod slightly.

Sarath and Rakshan exchanged looks before turning to Ashwin and sigh.

Ashwin was fine, atleast he thought he was. But Rakshan was worried. What if Sivaangi had moved on? What if she had someone else in her life? Will his friend be able to take it?

Ever since the day they parted till now, Ashwin's heart and mind has been with her. Even though they were far far away, and he was working hard on his life, his thoughts never left her.

Of course he tried out relationships as they promised. But none could change him, nor replace his Sivaangi maa.

He knew it. She was the one. But was it the same for her? He didn't know. Maybe Ashwin doesn't have that doubts now, but Rakshan was nervous for his friend and sister as he didn't want both of them to get hurt in this process.