We're not meant to be..

Ashwin and Sivaangi's mother met when some of their mutual friends introduced them to each other. It was a group of women, They weren't the always together inseparable kinda friends, but they were so close. They used to meet every 2 months once and hangout. Each of them travelled through each other's thick and thins.
And Ashwin's Mom Devi, and Sivaangi's mom Binni were the most closest among all of them.

Ashwin's family moved to US due to his father's job when Ashwin was 2. They returned to India and that was when Ashwin saw Sivaangi for the first time. She was 4 and he was 9.

"Epdi iruka Kanna?" Binni asked kneeling down to Ashwin's height.

"Nalla iruken ma, neenga epdi irukinga?" Ashwin replied.

"Nalla iruken da, and this is Sivaangi, Sivu Ashwin ku hi sollu" Binni brought Sivaangi front.

"Hi achuwineyy" She said cutely lending her hand for a handshake.

He smiled and shook her hands. "Hi cutie, un peru enna?"

"Chivaangi!" She said and smiled showing off her dimple.

"Sivaangi, unna maariye cute ah iruku un perum" He said admiring her.

Devi was stunned seeing Ashwin talk to Sivaangi casually. In these 9 years, never have he talked to a girl. Devi and Binni looked at each other and smiled.

They left to Sivaangi's house to get refreshed.

As soon as they came back from the airport, Sivaangi pulled Ashwin to her house.

"Achuwineyy ithan enga veedu!"
She said showing their house.

"Nalla iruku ma" he said looking around.

"Vaa vaa en room ah kathuren"
She said and pulled him to her room.

He looked around the room, which was exactly how a 4 year old would love to have. Lots of soft toys, walls painted pink, stickers stuck everywhere, scribblings and drawings, and few photo frames.

His eye caught a particular photo frame on the side of her bed, it was Binni ma and Krish pa holding 1 year old Ashwin on his birthday. He wondered why it was kept here.

"Oi cutie, inga va" he called sivaangi who was busy searching her drawing collection for Ashwin to see.

She came and stood near him, "Enna achuwineyy?" She asked frowning.

"Intha photo va en Inga vechuruka?"
He asked pointing the photo in his hand.

"Ohh athuva, athu amma ithan Achuwin nu kaamichanga, nee seekram India varuva apram unkooda vilayadalam jolly ah irukumnu sonnanga, neeyum cute ah irunthiya athan atha pudinga Inga vechuten. Nee epo Inga varuva unkooda vilayadalam nu yochipen, apo intha photo va than paathu seekram vaaa nu solluven, athan nee ipo vanthuta"
She said in her baby tone and smiled sheepishly sticking her tongue out.

(AN: I'm not a experienced person about babies😂, have seen my 4 year old niece so logic lam paakathinga paa😌)

He was admiring her the whole time.
"Yaaru cute uh, nana neeya?" He asked ruffling her hair to which she giggled.

"Ashwin, Sivaangi Inga vaanga!" Binni ma called which broke their laugh. They went to have lunch after which Ashwin and his parents had to leave.
It was hard convincing Sivaangi as she made a huge fuss about him leaving. Ashwin too didn't have the heart to leave her. Everyone had to convince her they'll meet soon.

***
4 years later

"Deii Ashwin evlo neram da?" His mom yelled out.

"Tho tho vanten ma, polama?" He asked setting his hair.