𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓 ;

Start from the beginning

You only watch the cute interaction between a daughter with her foster mother from your seat with a benign smile.

Honestly, it was a shame. If Yor hadn't crossed the line, you might like spending time with her even more.

But alas, it seems like everything is way too good to be true.

"I hope you consider him."She spoke again with a smile never leaving her flush red face and - is that a bottle of alcohol in her hand?

"Because if you don't like him, I'll just kill you."

You choked on your drink and look at her nervously.

"You're just jesting, right?"

"Hehe~"

"... you're jesting, right?"

───────────────

A knock was heard against the wooden door and Loid invited himself into your apartment when he found you didn't lock your door. He mentally noted to console your careless behavior.

"y/n, can you help me with..."He trails off and hides the pictures back into the pocket of his coat when he heard another voice that isn't belonged to yours.

"y/n—?"

"Loid! Loid! HELP!"You burst out from the living room while holding a crying Anya in your arms, barely dodging a glass bottle that was thrown to hit your head and hide behind the tall male.

"What is it? Is there an intruder? Were you and Anya hurt?"

"No, no! Just—"You pushed his face away and make him look at the black-haired woman, who is walking down to where you are hiding while swaying side to side like a drunk person.

Silly you. She is a drunk person.

"Save me from your wife!"

He looks at her perplexed. "Yor?"

"Give me my daughter back!"She slurred and Loid snapped his head back to you.

"She's drunk?!"

"I don't know how she got her hand on that strong liquor, I promise!"

"What do you mean you have a strong liquor in your house?!"

"Franklin brought to me that alcohol for my next mission so it wasn't completely my fault but—"Your eyes widened when she suddenly started charging at you and shrieked; "She's coming!" making a flee through the front door with Anya.

"Wait, y/n—!"

"I'll prepare your funeral if you die!"He heard you yell from the other side.

"Chichi will die?!" cried Anya.

"If, little girl! I said if !"

───────────────

"She passed out."The blonde-haired male said while carrying the unconscious female in his arms like a bridal style as Anya is fast asleep in yours with her tear-stained face against your chest. His eyes glower down while you keep your head hung low, not meeting his gaze.

"Now young lady."He spoke, making you flinch. "Care to elaborate?"

"I didn't take a sip, I swear. "

"You know the rules that a spy needs to stay sober all the time."He sighed in frustration and take the sleeping child from you. "What would happen if there's an ambush?"

"That's why I didn't drink alcohol."You grumble, also getting frustrated with his nagging as he's acting like you are a mere child. You are an adult just as he is. Fortunately for you, he didn't say anything more.

"By the way, can you please edit the picture of me and Yor?"He gestures into the pockets of his brown-colored coat that's undoubtedly making him more handsome than he already is.

"Why do you keep giving me work? Even with a good amount of money won't make me work for you to death—"

"I'll pay thrice of your monthly allowance."

"How would you like it?"You will do it, not because of the money — half of it was but it was because he saved you from a madwoman.

"Good enough for us to look like a lovey-dovey couple."

Eyeing him up and down, you gave him a look as if he is stupid. Aren't they already?

"Alright, alright."You agreed nevertheless. He was about to pat your head before remembering his situation and returned to his own apartment as you start closing the door.

"Respect the single, darn it."You mumbled in irk but seconds after you are overwhelmed with jealousy after recalling how she was carried by her husband. Clicked your tongue in annoyance, you stomped your feet on the floor and your action might disturb the lower floor neighbor but you couldn't care less at the moment.

"Argh, seriously! When is it going to be my turn?!"