"You're 30 minutes out, though. That's a long drive." His tone is bombarded with protectiveness. "I have a guest room."

"Braddy, no...we almost had sex."

"I'll sleep down here. How about that?" He bargains.

I puff out my cheeks. "I'll just go home."

"You can trust me." He delivers the words with genuine honesty.

"I know...it's me I can't trust. This was my fault. I'm the evil one."

"Deliciously evil." Brad winks.

"Stop." My face flushes red.

"You are...my mouth hasn't stopped watering." He opens it enough for me to see a soaked tongue.

I lower my head, unable to hide how turned on I am. "See...that's why I gotta go."

Brad bends to make out with me. His mouth is vigorous on mine, and, as I predicted, he's vocal. The same pleased hum from when he tasted me is done again. The way his neck strokes back and forth ignites my slutty side. I want him to use his tongue. My filthy mind is trying to challenge my newfound self-discipline. "Stay." He requests between smooches.

"Next time..." I leave him alone in the hall. I take my phone from my dress pocket and book an Uber. I almost sit on the couch; I straighten from a half swat and decide to lean sideways on a wall, so nothing is stained. I pay $40 for a ride, then walk to the front door to peer out its glass window. The street is jet black; little illumination comes from the porches of neighboring units. There are no streetlights.

"Okay...this is my last attempt." Brad's low tone sounds from behind me. "Let me drive you home."

I spin around. "You want us in an enclosed space for 30 minutes?"

"I'll control my urges."

"For the second time, I'm the untrustworthy one here." I poke at his nose. Brad grazes his fingers through my ponytail. "Hey, watch it, mister. Don't tempt me." I jab a finger his way.

He drops his hand. "Sorry, ma'am."

My phone alerts me of an approaching driver. "My ride's here." Brad reacts to this the same as a child facing separation anxiety would. There's the same fear of loss and despair. "Aww." I hold his hand. "I'll call you once I get home."

"Alright."

"Bye."

Brad's mouth pecks at my hand. "Bye." He opens the door and watches me walk to a black car resting at the curb. When I get in, I wave until he's no longer visible, then buckle up.

Aww...he looks so helpless. Should I have stayed? No...no, I'm not to be trusted...especially unsupervised. If Lily were around, she would have neutralized the situation. I can't be alone with Brad. It's fine when he drives me to work. We're in public. But us in private is a no-no.

I stare out at the dark suburb and wonder what if. What if I stayed? What if we had sex tonight? Would I be mad at myself for straying from my ideal path? And be a bride in white who doesn't qualify to wear the color? I wouldn't be a pure bride...and the honeymoon wouldn't be a true one. I made the right decision tonight.

"Hello." My driver, a middle-aged man, greets me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Hello. Is your night busy?" I look ahead at the guy in the rearview mirror. He's simple in looks and has ruby hair.

"Not really...it's slower out here. People hardly order a ride. You must be from the city."

"Yeah."

"I should have known; you're too pretty to be a suburb girl. City girls are on another level of beauty. You all could be models."