5: Awkward

Felix pushed open the trapdoor to Marinette's room, a bit annoyed that Marinette hasn't contacted him yet despite them having work to do together. Just as he was about to turn and call out to her, he gave a start when there was a wild shout.

"INTRUDER!"

Felix wasn't fast enough to escape the balloon hitting him in the head.

He drew away, looking wildly at the little girl that glared back at him, looking ready to fight.

"Manon!" Marinette cried, coming over and pulling the girl back.

Manon turned to her, pointing to the annoyed Felix. "I'll

fend off the intruder!" she promised.

Felix raised a brow at Marinette, pointing to Manon.

"No, Manon," Marinette uttered, "I, I was expecting him. He's a guest. One I forgot to tell that I was babysitting..."

Felix narrowed his eyes, unimpressed.

"We can meet up later?" Marinette offered with an apologetic smile.

"I only have enough free time for right now," Felix stated.

Marinette winced.

Manon eyed him, frowning. She stated, "You look like a squash."

Felix shot her a glare.

"Manon," Marinette scolded.

"Well he does."

"Can we get this over with?" Felix growled.

Manon latched onto Marinette's leg. "I have Marinette first!"

He raised a brow at the small child. Marinette cleared her throat, offering, "How about we head to the park? You can ride the carousel while Felix and I wrap this up real quick. It'll take just a few minutes, and afterwards we can have some cookies!"

Manon blinked, then frowned at the pale blond. "You're name is Felix?"

He sighed. "Yes, my name is Fel-"

"Like the cat?"

Felix tensed. "No," he said quickly, "not like the cat at all."

Manon gave him a look, then whispered loudly to Marinette, "How weirdly defensive."

"Let's just go!" he snapped, whipping around and hurrying out, ignoring the girls blinking after him, Marinette tilting her head curiously.

Then she shrugged it off and scooped up Manon, following the blond.

It was sort of weirdly defensive.