Ahalya tossed the wet towel into the bowl of warm water, splashing its content out. She cared less about it for she had more pressing matter to focus on. One was her brother and second was her husband. The former's immoral activity had set many in the palace of Sikva to watch Abhimanyu closely. One wrong move and doomed everything she wanted for her brother. Of course, she need not do anything for him, Abhimanyu was a born charmer but again, his activity had been a hurdle for him to ascend the throne without any courtier raising it as an issue.

Ahalya wanted nothing but to get her brother's mind set straight as the future king of Pareen and Nakshathra be by his side as his moral compass. If she ever finds a woman in the entire Lambodara, Ahalya may not find someone as stern and pointed as her sister-in-law whom she believed would bring him to the right path. His habit of bedding different woman every other night sickened her to the core, if only Nakshathra lends her hand to help her... They can fix him.

"But akka... who is going to question the crown prince of Pareen?" The proud prince asked. He turned to face her and ran through his fingers through his dark wavy hair.

"Nakshathra will. Parthiban will. Everyone will." Her eyes widen as she mentioned each one of them. "Have you forgotten nothing is fixed yet. Not until it is announced and you both are engaged officially." Ahalya hissed with her fuming eyes fixed on her brother.

"Good." She averted them only after his deliberate nod and let him go back to his chamber.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Gajdant

The grimace on Dhruva's face grew prominent and so did his silence with every passing minute, hours and days. Dhruva had never been quiet during any of their trip before, as a leader he often participated in their conversation fitting himself among them like a glove. But for the last three days Dhruva did not even try to make conversation with any of them, he stayed away deep in his thoughts.

"Did something happen in Kavish?" Sudarshan, one of the Yujyagana asked Arasu as they went to fetch some water from a nearby well at one of their stops.

Arasu looked over his shoulders to get a glimpse of Dhruva, sat on a rock slouched with his arms on his knees. He held a dagger in his hand twisting it mindlessly, Arasu recognised it. The dagger belonged to Dhruva's mother. It was an emotional attachment for the prince, everyone in the troop knew about it. "He looks as if he is trying to find a bearing on whatever troubling him. Guess he is lost, the dagger twisting says that much," Arasu shrugged and continued to pulled the pail up with the rope.

"I know that but what could possibly be disturbing him? Did the prince of Kavish hurt him, verbally? He is being like this since we left." Sudarshan asked, his eyes were on Dhruva all the while.

"I just hope it's nothing serious and he comes out of it soon."

"Can't wait until he is out of it. He is going to torture himself by dwelling in those disturbing thoughts. Someone has to go talk to him." Sudarshan pushed himself off the well and marched to Dhruva. Everyone around heard him.

Despite their conversation with each other, every Yujyagana's eyes were on Dhruva and Sudarshan who had quietly joined the crown prince. They anxiously waited for Dhruva's reaction, unsure if he would snap at Sudarshan or would remain silent. The wait lasted for some time eventually the Yujyagana relaxed when nothing unwanted happened, yet they kept their eyes glued on them.

Too engrossed in his own world, Dhruva didn't realise Sudarshan's presence near him, he continued to twist the brilliant blue sleeved dagger in his hands. To claim he was not affected by the news Parthiban shared about Nakshathra would be a lie. He was shaken and heavily disturbed by it that only Nakshathra was in his mind.