Part 17

PoV: Sonic

"You got suspended? That's not too bad, you could have gotten in worse trouble," Tails said as I washed up the dishes from dinner.

"I guess. But if I had been expelled I would have been able to start over at a different school-"

"No! You're not doing that again. It was scary... you looked so sick in the hospital..." Tails ran up and hugged me, "I don't ever wanna see you like that again. Please... stop pretending..."

"... Okay Tails. I promise," I held my pinky out for him, "I won't try that again."

"Sonic..." he didn't let go. Ever since the hospital, Tails had become much more attached to me than usual, "I want a rolled omelet for breakfast tomorrow."

"I'll make you the best omelet for lunch," I decided to stop the dishes for now, Tails needed more attention. He looked like he was on the verge of crying, "Hey. You want to help me make some peppermint hot chocolate? These new pills have me wanting sweets all the time. Chocolate seems like it'll hit just the spot."

"Yeah! I want mine extra minty!" Tails had a bright smile on his face again.

"With marshmallows," It was so calming to just relax with Tails.

  Maybe this was for the better.

---

"Mm... hm?" I woke up late this morning, "Ah, lazy day~ I don't have to get up~ it's the best~" I purred. I hadn't been so comfortable before. I had burrowed under all my pillows and blankets. It was the best, "Mmh~♡"

"Mm..." I heard a voice that wasn't mine, "It's warm..."

"Eh?" I lifted my cover, "Tails?!" He was in my bed and lying on top of me.

"Mm, I don't wanna get up yet. I'm tired..." he just hugged me tighter.

"Why are you in my room?" I sighed and laid back down.

"I had a nightmare... you were back in the hospital... I came to check on you, but I still couldn't sleep," he opened his eyes, "You let me sleep with you when I was younger... I thought it would be okay..."

"It's fine Tails, you just startled me is all," I rubbed his back a little and he started falling back to sleep, "Next time wake me up to let me know."

  When was the last time Tails asked to sleep in my room? Ah, the thunderstorm last winter. That scared him pretty badly. Oh well, it's my job to take care of him anyway. I felt a shift, Tails had fallen back to sleep on top of me. I decided to sleep in a little longer with him.

---

  Knock knock knock!

"Tails- huh?" I moved the pillow off my face, but Tails was still asleep on me, "Who's in my house!?"

"Sonic!" Amy burst in, "You weren't going to tell me you were suspended and transferring classes? We all found out from the teacher- Why is Tails in your bed?"

"Oh, he had a nightmare last night- Wait how did you get inside?! The front door is still locked!" I sat up and left Tails to continue sleeping in my bed.

"You left the back window open," she suddenly turned away, "I didn't know you slept like that..."

"Hm? GET OUT!" I threw a pillow at her as I pulled the shirt I was wearing shut. She ran out and shut the door. I was only in my underwear. The button shirt I fell asleep in was completely undone. I hadn't noticed because Tails was lying on me. She's never going to forget that. Great.