Part 27

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic was absent today. I didn't bother asking for a lunch, he'd be too weak and needed to recover. Knuckles had a threatening glare he was constantly sending my way. But, the sound of my phone receiving messages made it easy to ignore him.

--- Sonic ---

Are you feeling better now?

Yeah, my heat still flares up,
but I know how to handle it
now.

Took you long enough. I
won't be babysitting you
anymore.

You didn't have to do all
that. Thanks though. It's
nice to know you're not a
total jerk.

------

  I don't know how to respond to that... Sonic stopped messaging me for a while. He texting me again at lunch asking if I had eaten. I told him I was eating the cafeteria meal. He then told me he was craving a chillidog. I noticed he was following the schools schedule. He never once texted me during lessons. Before I knew it, the final bell had rung. Have we been texting all day?

"Shadow," the omega's classroom teacher called me, "You're close with Sonic aren't you? I've seen you two trading lunch boxes recently. Could you drop this off for him? Ray is busy and I can't seem to find Sonic's other friends. This is the class work and homework for this week."

  What the hell? I was handed the packet and the teacher smiled and left. I didn't want to go back to his house damn it! I stopped by the nurses office and stole a box of masks. I didn't have a reason to say no, Sonic did need this work. I think his brother would attack me again if I showed up after yesterday.

Bzz! My phone buzzed, it was Sonic again.

---Sonic---

Hey, could I ask you a favor?
Everyone else is busy and I
need the class work for this
week. Could you just put it in
my mail box, please?

------

What the hell is this timing? Sonic was asking me to do the samething his teacher asked me. I already had the packet...

------

The teacher gave it
to me already, I'm on my
way over...

Really? Okay. Thanks.

------

  It wasn't long before I was standing infront of his door. I hadn't rung the bell yet. He did just want me to put it in the mail box for him. I'll skip the bell and just put it there. I heard the door open as I turned around. Sonic quickly hid something behind his back as he saw me.

"Shadow, you're here already huh?" His cheeks looked a bit pink, nowhere near as red as yesterday. His scent was bearable now.

"I was..." I grabbed the packet from my bag and held it out, "Here, the teacher sent home a week's worth of work for you."

"I guess my timing was off, I thought I had a few minutes before you got here," Sonic took the packet, his cheeks were slowly going from pink to red.

"Is your fever coming back?" I asked. Sonic flinched, I hadn't realized my hand was on his shoulder.