Part 1

PoV: 3rd Person

  Everyone in this world was one or the other. Betas were the neutral grounds. Some liked to have sex, others not so much. Betas could love anyone without judgement, and without harrassment.

Alpha were the most powerful physically. Female alphas are the most genetically advanced for mating. Similar to male omegas, female alpha grow the opposite sex's genital to ensure they impregnate who ever they choose. They were the easiest to spot in birth because they grow said genitalia.

Omegas, although they were at the bottom they could become equally as rich and powerful as any other with their intelligence or other means. Omegas however, are branded for only loving alphas. Dating betas almost felt like a sin because society only saw disappointment. If an omega were to willingly chose a beta over an alpha, it ment that they couldn't get any alpha's interest. It ment they weren't worth being an omega.

Every role, except alpha females, begins as beta. Medical tests only come up with children being betas. It isn't until middle school, around the age of 13, that the hormones will begin to show and test can be done accurately. Unfortunately, common problems and stereotypes came with all three roles. And for a certain high schooler, these roles were beginning to kick in.

PoV: Sonic The Hedgehog

"Eh? Your alpha hormones are really kicking in?" Amy was currently talking to some guy in our class.

"Yes, of course. I was tested to be an alpha in middle school. They're only now kicking because I'm at the right age," this guy was bragging over being an alpha.

  Poor guy, he's going to have every single omega in school bugging him.

  I had to admit, I was jealous. Not of the alphas in my class, but of the betas. No one ever bothered them about love, or anything else. They could play all the sports they want and no one cared. Lucky... betas have it the easiest.

"Sonic~" Amy ran up to my desk, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, was just thinking is all," I answered.

"You were thinking betas have it easy again, right?" She smiled, "You shouldn't think like that in class. You are a beta too. You have it easy like them," she winked at me.

"Yeah, I don't have to be jealous," I wish it was true.

  Amy knew my secret, she only acted this way so on one could tell. I was grateful to her for that. My friends were the only ones who know that I was omega.

--- Middle School ---

"I'm gonna be late!" I had to talk to a teacher during my lunch break. I wasn't going to make it in time for science, "Sorry I'm late-"

"Sonic, hurry and take your seat. This is an important schedule we have to keep today," he snapped.

  The lesson was short, the instructions were simple. See how you blood reacted to the hormone identification fluid. There were a few colors to look for. If it turned yellow I was an omega, if it turned blue, I was an alpha.

"Eh?!" I heard one of the boys cry out, "Why isn't it changing color? It should be blue."

"If there's no color change, it means you're a beta," the teacher announced.

  No color means beta... Okay.

   I used a wooden stick to stir mine around, without my blood. I used a pin to prick my finger for evidence, "Eh? Mines not changing color either."

"That means you're a beta? All the girls who liked you are gonna be disappointed Sonic," Knuckles laughed, he was sitting besides me, "I'm an alpha!"

"That's great Knuckles," I gave him a smile. Still, I don't know which one I am for sure.