Part 14

PoV: Ray

"What happened!?" Knuckles burst into my house with everyone following.

  I had brought Sonic home after he sent me his location. He was weak and hard-conscious when I got to him. He was sleeping in my bed now.

"Shh, I know you guys are worried but I just got him to sleep. He's been fighting the fever, his side effects are getting worse. My parents weren't home so I couldn't take him to the hospital, but when I called for an ambulance they told me this was normal and to just put him to bed. I'm a beta, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't even smell his pheromones-"

"Ray! You did great," Silver grabbed me, "You saved Sonic, he's okay. If he's gone into his heat we can't go in there. You'll have to watch him until your parents can drive him home. They're betas, right?"

"My mom is actually an omega," I felt calmer now, "So she'll know how to help him."

"That's great," Amy sighed, "Sonic will be okay. Knuckle, stop. You know we shouldn't get closer," She pulled Knuckles away from my bedroom door.

"I know... I just need to see him, I keep picturing him in a horrible state," Knuckles groaned.

"Wait here," I pushed them away from the door and went in. I took a quick picture and came back out, "Look, he's just sleeping. He's fine."

  I felt better as we all looked at the picture. Sonic was peacefully sleeping now. He had buried himself under my pillow and was hugging the blanket.

"Ray, can I see that?" Amy took my phone and I heard a buzz from her phone, "Got it. Thanks," she pulled up the photo on her own phone.

"Hey, why do you get a copy?" Knuckles growled.

"Because this is an extremely rare moment. He might never sleep this way again. And we never see him as he is. He always hides any of his traits that may point out he's an omega," Amy grinned, "I go see him on most of his Lazy days, but only Tails has seen him when he's completely himself."

"What do you mean? Sonic is always nice with us," I felt a little lost.

"Amy just ask Tails. Sonic sleeps like that every night. If you're quiet enough you can hear him purr," Knuckles had a different picture on his own phone.

"What!? This one is cute," Amy and Knuckles had started sharing photos with each other.

"Do they do this often?" I asked Silver.

"No, I don't think they've ever done this before. But I do know they're both way more protective over Sonic than me and Blaze are. Can I see the picture?" Silver asked as he took my phone back from Knuckles.

"Sure," I took my phone and showed him the picture.

"Hm? Okay I get it. I'll just," he wound up joining the group and sharing the pictures with them.

"We're here," Blaze and Tails ran in, "Tails can go into the room. I'll wait out here with everyone else- What is going on?"

"They're uh... I think they're feeling some effect of Sonic pheromones. They just suddenly started trading pictures," I took Tails and led him to the room.

"Sonic!" Tails ran into the room and up to the bed. I quickly shut the door to keep everyone out, "He has no fever, but he is smelling sweeter."

"You can really smell him?" I sat down beside Tails.

"Only when I'm up close like this," he pulled a notebook from his bag and started scribbling something down, "He's fine. He just got another fever. This isn't a heat."