XXIV: Reflection

XXIV: Reflection

Third POV

Katsuki didn't understand how this could've happened. To him of all people.

The pediatric unit of the nearby hospital smelled of antiseptics and was decorated with brightly colored objects for the little ones.

This was the place where Keiko got her monthly checkup and always got the ok from her doctor, so he'd never expected to be here because she wasn't doing okay.

He opened up her hospital room door where she was now sleeping peacefully after the chaos that ensued  an hour ago.

And it would be been a wonderful sight if she didn't have a tube of iv in her arm and a cold compress.

He looked over to Izuku who sat in one of the other seats and despite being worn out he had an alert face on, worried for his student.

. . . An Hour Ago. . .

Izuku and Katsuki quickly got dressed, hearing Keiko's cries, with Izuku being the one to let the girl in who waddled over to her father raising her arms to be carried.

"Daddy-!" she wailed, crying into his shoulder blade, Katsuki noticing how warm her forehead was, just like the last time.

Except her whole body was extremely warm and was turning a light pink shade than normal, Her hands and feet were becoming swollen to the touch as well.

He took one glance at Izuku and the next thing all three of them knew they were driving to the hospital and were sent to the pediatric floor where they were given an examination overnight room.

Nurses had come by and done blood work on her, but she was too stressed by the overheating to be worried about it, she was then hooked up to a specialized machine to help her internal temperatures subside.

As she was gradually cooling down, izuku watched after her while Katsuki was with the lead doctor.

"So you are a fourth-generation quirk user, ?" The doctor named Yamamoto started, "and on Keiko's information sheet you have an explosion quirk and a her mother who was stated to be M.I.A, has an illusion quirk, correct?"

Katsuki nodded, then being asked what where the components on each of his parent's sides to give him his nitroglycerin-like sweat.

"On my father's side, he has acid sweat, and my mother's is just glycerin."

"I see, and has anything like this happened before?" Dr. Yamamoto questioned, using the laptop he carried down to take notes, "This sudden rise in discoloration and heat?"

"For me, no, A week ago Keiko's forehead was warm so I assumed she just had a fever, seeing as how she's just a kid and can't adapt to overheating like I can, but for all of her to get super warm hasn't happened before." Katsuki responded, his tone in a bit of a rushed tone.

He watched Dr. Yamamoto remove his glasses, bearing a serious look in his eyes, "Keiko's blood work results are back and it appears that my suspicions have been confirmed."

"See, when it comes to certain sweat or heat related quirks, the condition can be very serious if they can't regulate the temperatures." He started, " But when the parent hones their skill and pushes their quirk, the lingering affect can pass onto their offspring."