XXVIII: Bad To Worse

Third POV

A little girl, once covered in dirt and struggling to breathe as the insulators of her daycare wall filled her lungs were now in the Dynamight agency, sitting in Katsuki's seat in the high-rise office.

As instructed by her Aunt Mina, she stared at the monitor that played her favorite cartoon, drinking juice out of a juice box.

Keiko tried to ignore all the background sounds but she simply couldn't; subtly listening to her uncle Kaminari who stayed with her, watching him close the blinds, avoiding the flashes of the media who'd circled the agency.

Wanting to get another shot of the little girl who resembled pro-hero Dynamight.

She leaned forward, lowering the sound controls on the computer, listening to his conversation with who was supposedly her dad on how Izuku was.

Her heart pinged hard for her teacher.

As her dad has once told her, when you're placed in an ambulance it means you have to go to the hospital right away, as she only thought the worst for Izuku.

If only she was faster...

If only she could find daddy quickly...

Her small hands tightened onto the drink, her eyelids lowered and her expression dampened with each moment.

She wasn't a hero.

She hadn't even realized she's begun to cry until small droplets had splattered onto her legs and her body shuddered, yet she didn't have the nerve to wipe them away.

What'd be the point? They would continue to fall.

The next thing she knew she was being lifted out of her seat by Kaminari who'd noticed the downcasted expression on her, worried if she was still hurt but they could see it.

She was... just not in the way they assumed her to be.

She clung onto him tightly, his voice sounding completely audio less as she watched him shout for someone outside to come in, revealing Mina.

She didn't care though, as she buried her face into him; getting tears and shot into his hero costume, unaware of how loudly she was crying for her dad, and Izuku.

. . . Meanwhile. . .

Katsuki paced the floor of the intensive unit, his knuckles clenched as he could've bore a hole through the ground.

He'd gotten off the phone with Kaminari, asking for an update on the situation and how Keiko was.

All in all, the majority of the issues came from the damage to the daycare; thankfully no students or teachers had been killed, just minor scratches and bruises from the sudden impact of the bomb going off.

The only one impacted was Izuku.

The one person he swore he'd protect just to develop a real relationship with them.

So many thoughts ran through his mind, but all of them had the very same background question.

What the hell was he supposed to do now?