XXXV: Keiko's Surprise

Third POV

It was a new day, yet somehow the battle in Deika City continued on ferociously; but at this point, all the small-time thugs had been taken out, now it was a mere matter of finding the top brass of heroes and bringing them back to safety once the mission was fully completed.

According to the news reports, Among the missing few were Pro-Hero Grand, Pro-Hero Can't Stop Twinkling and as fate would have it,

Pro-Hero Great Explosion Murder God, Dynamight.

. . .

Izuku woke up around 8:00 AM.

He didn't wake up of his own volition though, he woke up to an unknown phone call. He'd groggily sat up, before he'd pressed accept, putting it to his ear to hear a frantic feminine voice.

"Izuku! Come downstairs quickly!" Mitsuki's voice rang, scaring the daycare teacher since this woman barely yelled as of recently.

"Miss Mitsuki, what's going on?" Izuku uttered, his voice rising in anxiousness as he adjusted his clothing and rubbed his eyes before the call had disconnected on him.

He slipped out of bed, stumbling as he rushed to the door before he headed down to the staircase, greeted with a sight he'd never expected,

"Happy Birthday, Izuku!" All three of the Bakugo's intermediate family cheered, with a huge banister hanging in the living room for the boy.

That's right. Today was July 15th, Izuku's birthday.

And at the moment, Mitsuki had insisted on all four of them residing in Katsuki's home until the pro came back from his mission.

Izuku thought it was nice though, having supportive people around him so he wouldn't end up in a downwards spiral.

They'd even agreed to help him move out some of his things from the apartment because even though he was discharged, he was still asked to take it at ease.

So far, Mitsuki and Masaru had received the news about their son's disappearance and they both agreed not to say anything to Izuku or Keiko, just because they weren't sure how either of them would take it.

They'd have to be discreet about it.

"Well let's not waste time simply standing around," Mitsuki encouraged, "Is anyone hungry?"

Izuku smiled, brushing his bangs back only for them to bounce right back to his forehead, "I suppose so."

As he then picked up Keiko who cheerfully spun around his legs, hoisting her around his waist, carrying the cheerful girl to the kitchen along with her grandparents.

. . . Meanwhile . . .

Katsuki felt extremely woozy at the moment.

Blood seeping from his left shoulder blade and from his gut.

His ribs felt like they'd been crushed while his right arm had been severely broken to the point where it was turning purple on him.