XXX: Questions

XXX: Questions

Third POV

The sound of the EKG and ventilator going off in the room, in continuous and steady beats. Even though Izuku wasn't all the way responsive, he was still aware of his surrounding.

His heart felt so awry, staring at how Katsuki coddled Keiko, reassuring her constantly that she did the best she could.

And Izuku thought so too.

He did what he was supposed to do, and he protected her; he loved Keiko, and genuinely wished that he could speak up to her.

Any sounds he tried to produce ended up as a silent, garbled mess.

His eyes remained glazed over, as he couldn't shut them fully because of how swollen they were, as his body felt numb from all the painkillers added to his IV.

His finger twitched, listening to his breathing monitor make a large puffing sound as he made a sharp exhale. His eyes scanned over to the nearby nightstand.

Reading that it was now July 1st and only a day later would it have been Keiko's official third birthday.

After all, he did just see small sparks fly from her as she went to go get her father, so this should've been a momentous occasion for them, yet instead, they were here.

Izuku hated himself for making the leading days up to Keiko's birthday so hectic because he wasn't able to get away in time.

He was so weak... So useless...

Suddenly what All Might and Kaminari had said rang through his mind, sending his body systems into overdrive.

His finger twitched again, as a small tear painfully rolled down his face, and his puffy eyelids burned in irritation from the salt.

His heart was beginning to pound erratically, and that's when suddenly the heart monitor trigger went off with an obnoxious blaring sound, instantly alerting the doctors in the unit.

The sound of the heart machine and the hospital room door gave Katsuki an ever-living fright as he stared at Izuku whose chest looked to be thumping.

As his heart rate became unstable, so did his breathing, trigging another multitude of issues that left Katsuki in a state of complete and utter panic.

Medical talk and the feeling of him and Keiko who still slept rather peacefully in his arms get urged away from the bedside so the doctors and nurses could help Izuku.

Izuku's eyes flickered to Katsuki in agonizing pain, taking note of his boyfriend who carried a look of anxiety.

He wanted to reach out to Katsuki, but as his finger twitched he felt a sharp pain where the fluid was.

His jaw wiggled, his lips gently tightening around the tube inserted in his mouth and throat, straining his hardest to call out to the man.

But he never could as his K pronunciation sounded like he was amid either a coughing fit or straight up being strangled.

By the time the doctors could get him under control, they still couldn't have found the source of his sudden beating.