XVIII: Trust Me

XVIII: Trust Me

Third POV

It was 3:30 pm, As Izuku waited with Keiko for Katsuki.

The little girl had fallen asleep on Izuku's lap as they waited on one of the side couches near the mini-library station.

Izuku scrolled through his phone contacts, tempted to click on one number he hadn't spoken to in two weeks. The room was dead silent, so Izuku figured now would be the best time to do it.

He pressed the call button, hearing three trills before a click.

He heard a long-awaited feminine voice on the line, "Hello, Izuku darling is that you?"

Izuku let out a soft sigh, but somehow felt at ease, "Hi mom, how've you been recently?"

He heard her giggle, talking to someone next to her before returning back to the call, "I've been good sweetheart, and you?"

He turned over to Keiko, watching the girl sleep so peacefully, "I wish I could say the same but I..." he paused and rubbed his eyes that felt so worn out.

"I don't know anymore." He finished, his voice slightly starting to crack, giving Inko the hint that her baby was all the way okay.

"Izuku, what's wrong?"

"Mom, I need to know something.."

"Of course, what is it?"

"How do you... How do you love someone you know you can't be with?"

"...Izuku, what is this about?"

"It's a simple question-! Dad went M.I.A on you, no, on us, but you still love him, all I want to know is how?"

His mother went silent for a bit, as Izuku ran his palm along the stitch line of his pants in uneasiness, hoping he wasn't being too harsh when asking that question.

"I just did." Inko responded calmly with a slight buzz in her tone, as if she didn't take any offense whatsoever from Izuku's brashness, "I love your dad, and I knew the risk of him working abroad to keep both of us happy and afloat."

Izuku fell silent, listening to his mother go on.

"If someone loves you, they would do anything they could to get you to be by their side and to have trust in them... I had trust for your father and  now look, I'm enjoying myself to the fullest right now."

"Right..." Izuku thought to himself.

'I don't know what's going on over there or what relationships issues you're having with whoever, but if it's you who's questioning whether or not you want you want to be with them for whatever reason, just ask yourself,"

"How far would this person go to ensure your happiness..? Would they do things that they never imagined doing to be with you?"

Izuku what she said resonated in his chaos-filled mind; like a light and guide inside never-ending darkness and confusion.

"Thanks, mom, I knew you could help me."