XXVI: Pressure

XXVI:  Pressure

Third POV

What was supposed to be a quick 20-minute meeting with the hero public safety commission ended up being as long as an hour, and it wasn't just Katsuki who was called in for this.

The entire pro-hero group of class 1-A was called in, all on the discussion on the last meeting they had on attempting to take down the league of villains once and for all.

"So we hear that you, much more or less, ProHero Dynamight over here, has plans on wanting to get rid of the league?" She questioned, her tone sounding rather authoritative and rude than ever.

"They make up a majority of the crime here so why not." Katsuki shot back, "abs before you ask, don't try to get involved because it was your planning and the lies you spread to the public that caused more damage than what was needed."

Everyone not on the actual commission could feel the emotion in his tone; after all, they were only first years when they had been lied to and sent on a mission- a mission that changed all of their lives.

They'd heard things, even seen things that had every one of them consider,

"Is it even worth it to continue down this hero path?"

Katsuki watched the HPSC president stare at him with a knowing gaze, knowing that his kidnapping was what had caused one of the very few yet impactful tipping points for hero society as they all knew it.

She wrote something down, before tearing the paper out of her notebook and handing it over to him before calmly dismissing all of them to their lives.

Katsuki was the last to exit the building, reading over what she had scribbled before stuffing it into his pocket annoyedly, opening his driver's side door when he saw Kaminari and Mina call after him.

"Bakugo! Wait-!" Kaminari screeched, slightly painting as he part of the door to stabilize himself after running through the lot.

"What.?" Katsuki turned his head, knowing that if it wasn't one thing bothering him, it's always a damn 'nother.

"Look, we know that what we said yesterday was out of line and that you and Midoriya had every right to be upset, but we-," Mina tried to explain, but Katsuki cut them off.

"You could apologize to me a hundred times over and it still wouldn't mean shit to me," Katsuki responded, leaning his arm out of the window as his gaze was sharp on them.

"It's Izuku you should apologize to, but I don't even know if he wants to see your faces, let alone talk to you."

"We get that, so we want to make up for yesterday," Kaminari exclaimed, "All of us go out to the newest restaurant and we'll give him a real apology!"

Katsuki eyed the two of them, before shrugging his shoulders, "I'll see what I can do."

And that was it.

He had driven off, leaving both Kaminari and Mina standing there, guiltily.

Kaminari, Mina, Kirishima, and Sero.

All of them he's considered to be his friends, right?

Perhaps his fears came from what two out of the four of them had said about quirkless people is why he was so worried for Keiko.

The possibility she could end up quirkless and knowing all too well how people could be if he got a secondhand look at it from his friends.

How would they react?

Would they treat her any differently than she is now?

He recalled changing on Izuku when he first got his quirk, and his rotten attitude only grew worse once word had been spread that Izuku was quirkless.

He resented himself for the longest after leaving middle school, but now he faces the newest problem if Keiko would resent him for giving her a basically useless gift.

His knuckles went white as he gripped the steering wheel, finally understanding how easy it was to overthink things.

Maybe Izuku wasn't so weird at all...

By the time Katsuki had pulled up to his home, he had shed the dazed look for something a little more natural.

He headed upstairs, following the sounds of Keiko and Izuku's rambunctious laughter, arriving at the playroom where he gently peered into the room.

He watched Izuku gently cradle Keiko, hearing the green-eyed daycare teacher praise his daughter, who shared a similar stance as him whenever he was engaged in battle.

"You have nothing to fear! I, Keiko will save you!" Keiko jeered excitedly, reaching up and parting Izuku's freckled cheeks.

"Oh? But I thought you were Dynamight?" Izuku questioned, watching her escape his grasp, buzzed with so much emotion she could barely contain them.

"I'm Dynamight 2 in training! I'll be quick and strong just like the real Dynamight, but i'll
Make sure I'll surpass him!" Keiko reaffirmed, punching her fist into her palm, "But I'll only really know if he's proud of me is when I can save him."

"And when I do, that's how I'll know Daddy will be proud of me, it's the only way."

Izuku gently nuzzled his cheek against hers, holding her tighter than before, "Oh Keiko..."

"I can promise you now that no one is more prouder than you than your daddy, but you continue to dream; dream as big as the sky, because I know you're gonna be the greatest pro-hero, and your gonna be up there just like your amazing daddy."

At this moment, Keiko couldn't have been any happier; tossing off the fake gauntlets and allowing herself to be so enveloped in Izuku's hug.

"I'm happy you're the one with my daddy..." She smiled, stunning both Izuku and Katsuki, undoubtedly letting their hearts melt by her innocence.

Izuku's, gentle smile told everything Katsuki needed to know. "I'll be here as long as you and your daddy want me to be. I promise."

Each waking moment, Izuku was filling a role that Katsuki had left empty for the sole purpose of Keiko's happiness.

Besides his hero career and her, he really had nothing else, but Izuku simply was something else to him.

But Izuku carried every single quality another parent would need, and that was good for Keiko.

Call it a brash and quick decision, but so long as Keiko was cool with it and he'd swallow whatever cowardly emotions that threaten to come out but he seemed so sure in this moment.

Katsuki knew what he wanted to do, and he would ask after everything had cooled down.

But little did he know, that question would be coming sooner than anyone could've expected.