Radiants

Chapter-51
Stars that shine brightest when together

°|°.°•Radiants•°.°|°

~•~

"They are tough-" Yukio says with a gasp. She had tried numerous times to hit them, but some two girls kept eating her attack.

"Yea." Kin says jumping back to defensive, joining his team.

Everyone in Radiants were at a backfoot in this fight. Yukio, their spear gets countered by Wendy and Sherria without fail. Himari, the sword was having problems to deal with Lyon and Gray.

She not only had a crush on the two of them, but their ice, especially Gray's, was somehow naturally resistant to heat too. The shield, Hisaki was having trouble assisting his friends while fighting off Jet and Droy. They weren't really hard to defeat, but always managed to pester his defensive spells that he would try to cast.

The only one who was still dominating were the support, Kin. His opponent was Levy and injured Max.

But still, he wasn't able to go offense since his role in his team was of support.

The Radiants were pushed in the dead end of the corridor. Behind them was a big glass window. Akira, who was behind the four was still carefree. She does a wide smile as her curious eyes explore the majestic view outside.

"This is taking long." Lyon announces, panting a little. He was standing ahead of his comrades. Gray was beside him.

"So finish it already!" Gray says, panting just as much as Lyon.

Lyon frowns and says, "I am pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem with your devil slaying thing. Just use it already slowpoke!"

"I am saving magic dumbass. Those magic sealing stones practically drained me of my magic. Plus, I wasted whatever was left in defeating that army unit." Gray replies. But then he smirks and asks, "Having problem beating them on your own?"

Lyon smiles back. He keeps his hand on his head and replies, "Like I would ever fall behind my junior."

"Who are you calling a junior?" Gray asks sharply.

"Why, you of course!" Lyon replies. "I was the one who Ur took as pupil first."

"It was only like less than one month!" Gray protests. Lyon's smile gains superiority as Gray says this. "So... you accept that I am your senior nonetheless?"

Gray's eyes twitch. He gasps and mumbles slowly, "Bastard."

"Seems relatable." Himari says looking at Hisaki. Hisaki glances at her but then rolls his eyes off in disgust. "Pay attention to the enemy, Himari."

"Himari-nee. Himari-san Or even sister would be nice." Himari sighs. Hisaki hasn't referred her with respect once in her life.

"Himari, Hisaki." Yukio whispers. "Don't let your guard down."

Kin glances behind, towards Akira. Her face was leaned against the window with amusement. Kin, reaches his hand to touch the window. It was locked.

After making sure that Akira won't fall out by accident, he sighed and looked at the enemy again.

Gray and Lyon were the ones who were standing in front of the rest. Behind them were all the others. Wendy, Sherria, Jet, Droy and Levy. Max was on his knees, almost on the verge of giving up. The healing didn't help much.

"Let's get serious." Kin says, raising his right hand.

"Huh? But queen Cyanbell is just some floors above us!" Himari asks.